Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Meerschaum case

Topic starter
Eminent Member

Do you all clean your meershcuam pipe cases? If you do, what do you all do and what products do you use to clean it 

3 Replies
nach0
Noble Member

I´m pretty sure Ted can help you with some good tips.

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

If it’s a new or newer case, the exterior coverings are usually a fake leather/vinyl covered cloth material. A general purpose paste wax does a nice job after cleaning with a general purpose cleaner, I usually use Sprayway for cleaning and Trewax for finish. 

They can be re-colored easily using leather refinishing products if they are scuffed up. In fact you can change the color completely if you want. Obviously best done after cleaning and before waxing. A quick search of “leather refinishing” will bring up many products.

I made what I think was a mistake in the past and used Armor All on one, the mistake was that Armor All has silicone in it and it felt slippery and greasy afterwards and I didn’t care for that.

I’ve had no luck cleaning interiors beyond vacuuming them out, but I never really put my mind to trying different methods. 

Restoring antique ones is a different story altogether. 

1 Reply

Eminent Member

Ahh okay thanks Ted. Very insightful. Never knew I could change the colours. 

shame, I was interested in more of the interior as mine was getting darker spots. But oh well. Best to just vacuum and leave them alone

target="_blank"