Forums

Tobacco Packaging R...

Notifications
Clear all

Do you agree? Poll is created on Feb 12, 2024

Tobacco Packaging Revision

Topic starter

Remove the harmful imagery from food and substances; you, we, us, I, can consume. 

A great portion of smokers also meditate and so their ability of understanding, expression, safety, love, knowledge and action would be appreciate the reminder that their soul and avatar is consuming something not to harm - at the very least another. 

From a belief where others are onlooking at your situation it would benefit a 'valid realistic abiding authority or slave' if the reality followed the general consensus. 

5 Replies
Sir Otter
Reputable Member

and what packaging is at question here? 

ugdabug
Reputable Member

Hunh?

I think you might be referring to the ridiculous plain packaging laws that have swept Canada. From what I can tell we're the only country doing this.

When they did it with cigarettes I thought it was pretty dumb but what the hell, if it stops kids from experimenting with cigarettes, then fine. When they decided cigars and pipes needed the same treatment I shook my head in disbelief. This has done absolutely nothing to stop kids from experimenting with cigars and pipes,..... because kids don't generally experiment with cigars and pipes! At least I don't see them in my neighbourhood doing those things.

A bigger threat to having a kid pick up something like that would be watching his parents or respected elders doing it. Ain't no plain packaging going to help with that.

2 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I live 15 minutes from Windsor, ON and I remember buying cigs there about 30 years ago and getting packs with pictures of corpses and autopsies on them. Rather than discouraging anyone when I brought them back, everyone wanted to see them. 

ugdabug

Reputable Member

Ya, like the content labels on music. From what I can tell it makes kids want to look closer.

Those packs were a hoot. We laughed and said, " Look they're trying to gross us out."

We need to change how we see what we consume, not only in terms of what we eat and drink, but also what we take in mentally and emotionally. Getting rid of harmful stuff in our food and other things we use can make us feel better overall. We should think about everything we put into our bodies, minds, and spirits to take care of ourselves in a complete way.

target="_blank"