Forums

Cornell & Diehl Sma...

Notifications
Clear all

Cornell & Diehl Small Batch - Steamworks 2024 - May 7th

BriarBerg
Topic starter

Looks like C&D have another round of Steamworks this year. 

From their instagram:

"Steamworks is a complex Virginia/Oriental flake comprising a range of top-tier tobaccos — including six unique, matured Virginia grades, genuine St. James Perique, and heirloom Black Sea Sokhoum Orientals from 2005 — enhanced by two separate proprietary steaming processes. Steamworks is coming to your favorite retailer on Tuesday, May 7th at 6:00 p.m. ET."

1714596288-steamworks2024.jpg
9 Replies
Relight
Prominent Member

Appreciate the heads up. 

Eminent Member

Steamworks returning, good news!  The 2023 original got some bad reviews -- apparently a few people found (or thought they found) mold.   I've had at least 4 tins, including one I have open now, with no troubles, and find it consistently excellent.

1 Reply
peter_radiantpipes-

I skipped last years which I usually don’t on any new blend. lol. But I’ve been very much into Oriental this year and most reviews looked good. I’ll be grabbing a handful today and see.  Looking forward to it. 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

Absolutely love the 2023 version and I’m aiming to buy some of this year’s offering (with help). A fantastic blend, in my humble opinion.

BriarBerg
Topic starter

This post originally said 12 PM ET, which I got from a Cornell & Diehl instagram post, but Laudisi's launch email says 6pm ET, which is more in line with other releases, so that should be the correct launch time. Just wanted to make note of the change here in case anyone clocked the original time.  

Awfers
Estimable Member

Those in the US are lucky, Europe will likely not get it for a while (if ever).

1 Reply
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Where there’s the will, there’s a way! 😉

Joseph
Prominent Member

Got mine as soon as it dropped. …must be the banner ads all over this site 🤣 …had Steamworks on the brain today. Got the May TobaccoPipes Compare and Share mystery blends, too, while I was at it. First time. Should be fun and interesting. 🧐 

Relight
Prominent Member

It would be fun to do a group mystery blend every month. But Nick and I get hit with 30% excise tax so it's costly to fatten up and order to make shipping worth it.

I wonder if anybody would be interested in a box pass. I used to be in one and it was fun. 

target="_blank"