Forums

Another New Guy's I...

Notifications
Clear all

Another New Guy's Introduction

Topic starter

Hello everyone,

New guy on the forum here. I've been smoking for a few years now in the Boston area. I've really enjoyed learning some of the interesting pipe history that's here in my home town.

Recently I've been trying to expand my own palette as I try my hand at making some of my own blends. This seems like a great way to keep some of my thoughts together and record what I like in tobacco and then translate that to my own blends.

I've also made a few of my own pipes. They're nothing special in terms of the technical craftsmanship but I'm always happy when I make something I can use. It's very rewarding and I like to think I'm getting better.

13 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

Hello from Michigan! I look forward to hearing about any good blends you come up with. I like to dabble in such things, I’ve been playing more with casings recently. I also smoke quite a few blends from Watch City Cigars, which is in your neck of the woods so to speak. 

3 Replies

I haven't tried watch city before, but I should. Any blends you'd recommend? I've been a big fan of Virginias lately.

As far as casings go, I found a quince gin I tried using as a casing. It came out ok but I think it still needs some tweaking.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I guess I don’t really think of them as a just Virginia source. Old Dominion is a mainstay VaPer for them and it’s good, but not exceptionally unique, Simply VOriental is good and I really like Glass Slipper. Rouxgaroux when it comes around is definitely worth a try. 

Thanks, I'll check some of those out!

Zigmeister67
Noble Member

Welcome from New Jersey.

Joseph
Prominent Member

Hello from Sacramento, California 

nach0
Noble Member

Welcome from Brazil.
You can share here in the forum the pieces you have made. I´m sure we all gonna be happy to see your work. 🍻 

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Welcome from Spain. 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

Hello and welcome, from Denmark!

You might have to wait until you’ve posted enough, before you’re able to post pictures. But, when you can, I’m interested to see what you’ve made! 😊

ThinkinPipe
Estimable Member

Welcome from the swamps of Florida! Look forward to hearing about the blends you come up with!

Thomo
Trusted Member

Hello from bodrum turkey, welcome aboard

smokethefox
Estimable Member

Cheers from Slovakia! Post your blends, friend, Im courious, what your experianced!

Nick R
Noble Member

Welcome from Colorado!

target="_blank"