Originally created for the chairman of the Murrays factory in Belfast. Soon became popular with the workforce until someone asked "why don't we sell it?". Now produced to the same old recipe by Peter Stokkebye.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Manufactured ByPeter Stokkebye
Blend TypeVirginia Based
Strength
Taste

Peter Stokkebye-Chairman's Flake. I can't believe a blend this good isn't a hell of a lot more popular.

I love flake tobaccos and was enthralled when I discovered a flake I'm yet to try on the James Barber U.K. website.

It doesn't arrive in separate strips/slices, it looks as though it's just one long flake that's been rolled up and placed into the pouch. The flake is partially broken in places too making for easy prep'.

The smell has a sort of vanilla addition to it. Not like, say, Mac Baren Vanilla Cream but a very light and gentle touch.

The moisture is a good amount, it's exactly as I would expect a loosely bagged blend to be. I usually find loose pouches are better with moistness than sealed tins.

Lighting up Chairman's Flake is a simple job and the moment it's lit the phrase 'four star blend' springs to mind.

Although the smoke has primarily a Virginia taste it has a quality that would emanate from Burley too. It's more of a nutty addition without smokiness so I would guess it's from Burley not Kentucky.

In the smoke I can't identify any vanilla like I did in the aroma. It's a natural taste.

This gives a good burn. It's easily lit and then non-demanding all the way through. It must be left for a while unattended to become extinguished.

The temperature of the smoke is medium. That, collaborated with its lack of bite makes for an enjoyable smoke.

I would describe the nicotine as medium in this one. Quite simple to summarise!!

I find Chairman's Flake a great blend. I would struggle to think of a negative point!

Highly recommended.