Cool latakia, fragrant Turkish, sweet Virginia and rich black cavendish - a blend to take you and your taste buds on a flavorful adventure and bring you home comfortable and satisfied.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Coal black chunks and dark brown ribbons with a mild latakia nose in the tin. I would have liked more of the McClellands tang but no worries. It arrived a bit moist but dried out quickly and I preferred this pretty dry but not near crispy.

Sweet and smoky were two adjectives that jumped out at me, and a nice melding of the two. The Virginias were on the sweet side, and with the added Cavendish, this was a sweet blend. But the latakia smoke and juicy orientals balanced the blend very nicely. As I went thru the tin, I was reminded of a more subdued Dunhill 965. This was sweeter and less robust but retained the beautiful balance of the Dunhill, if not its full flavor. This one might be a good morning pipe for lovers of 965. Room note is excellent - the latakia is present but toned down. Overall a very good blend but not a rotation maker. Try it if you like 965, or if you like your latakia blends on the sweet side.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (181)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

Picked this up at my local B&M the other day. This reminds me of some of the Frog Morton series McClelland puts out, but with a bit more latakia in the mix. The blend comes together quite well. It comes at the right moisture level for me to enjoy as soon as I open up the tin. The nicotine level is a bit short on what I like in a blend. This blend has a nice room note and an aroma that lets you know the latakia is definitely there. I would say this one is definitely recommended.

Mild to Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Latakia is laid back but smoky. The Virginia was actually kind of moist in my tin but did not nip. The Orientals were typically McClelland's wonderful and so was the overall presentation. A very nice smoke indeed.