A beautiful uncomplicated mixture of bright and orange Virginia's flavoured with the true scents of Christmas. Cinnamon Rum and Sherry make this an irresistibly delicious and homely blend.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Manufactured BySam Gawith
FlavoringCinnamon, Rum, Sherry
Strength
Strong
Taste
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

Samuel Gawith-2014 Christmas. I'm not normally an aromatic smoker but do enjoy the decadence of the Christmas blends. That said, I was pleased to find My Smoking Shop still had this 2014 offering from Sam G' in stock.

The mix isn't like the usual Christmas concoctions. Normally they're a heavily cased jet black Cavendish blend but this one, although having the aroma of being quite heartily cased is mainly light brown in colour.

It comes as no surprise that it's too damp. After all, what else would you expect from these guys?!

The dampness can be easily forgiven when the pipe is smoked. A festive treat to be sure!

The additives come through at a perfect weight. They can all be easily recognized but the smoke lacks that gloopy/sticky feeling that aromatics can sometimes give me.

Even though the smoke doesn't have that over sticky, taste the added flavours pretty much cancel out anything the tobacco has to offer taste-wise. This is more of an aromatic blend than a natural one.

As the bowl burns the smoke gets more creamy. Towards the end it has an almost buttery quality.

I get quite a little amount of nicotine from this. I don't smoke only for N but if I were more of a nicotine lover I don't think it would fulfil my desire.

This is an enjoyable smoke and it's quite refreshing compared to the usual sticky affairs at Christmas. Lots of flavour with a small amount of goo.

Highly recommended.