Brown Irish, the thicker version of Brown Bogie is a true old fashioned stout smoke. Perfect with good strength so is suited to the more experienced pipe smoker. Flavoured with sweet Brandy. Loose packaged and weighed to order.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith Hoggarth
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
FlavoringBrandy
CutRope
Strength
Strong
Taste
Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth-Brown Pigtail Sweet Brandy. The pouch note from this isn't a good representation of the smoke about to follow. If I were to go on the aroma I would be ready for a very alcoholic, bitter, full brandy smoke. This, I am pleased to say is an inaccurate expectation. There are a couple of low points, yes, it's moist but that can be easily overcome. As I said, I wrongly thought I would not like this but I couldn't believe the taste from my first puff. The brandy is present but I get more of a fruit like sweetness rather than that astringent taste that can often come to the forefront with alcoholic blends. Its burn is even, it only necessitates a sporadic tamp really, obviously it needs more if left to sit for too long! I find that the sweetness becomes heightened after about half the bowl has burned, I get a higher ratio of sweetness to brandy. I do find that this has a larger quantity of nicotine in comparison to most blends but seeing as I never inhale my smoke that causes me little upset. I can only pick out a slight touch of brandy in the note, just enough to increase its appeal. I have to admit my surprise at this blend, it isn't at all as I expected! Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Erik Nording Queen