Using the original Frederick Tranter recipe we now offer Extravaganza pipe tobacco. A luscious Black Cavenish blend with liqueur flavour. Rich and mellow.

BrandFrederick Tranter
Blended ByFrederick Tranter
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
Strength
Taste
2.0
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Frederick Tranter-Extravaganza. This tastes a little different to what the pouch aroma suggests.

I mean that in the way that the unlit note is quite a heady liquor one. It smells more fruity and sharp than I find the flavour of the smoke to be. The alcoholic addition is present but it's not harsh nor bitter. It's a lot more like a smooth accompaniment than that sometimes found acrid addition I can sometimes get with alcoholic aro's.

It lights up easy but it did require some airing. It was virtually sticky from the pouch! I gave mine a morning out of the bag and then loaded and lit. The first feature that I noticed was the huge amount of smoke. It creates an immense quantity. Now, that's great for me but not that pleasant for any guests in the room.... luckily I usually smoke with just the dog and she never complains!

Due to the tiny nicotine amount in this I think it would suit most folks as an evening smoke as opposed to a morning/daytime smoke.

This only bites me slightly if put under pressure. The same goes for the temperature; cool and only becomes slightly warm when stressed.

I quite enjoy this blend and feel comfortable giving it two and a half points.

Somewhat recommended.