A Few Too Many presents smooth Burley-based pipe tobaccos along with some mild Virginias, with a zesty whiskey topping (and tin aroma).

Notes: Modestly priced: launched by P&C in 2015 at $4.99/tin.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
FlavoringWhisky
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.5
TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (74)
Medium Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Received this blend in an of the month grouping I rec'd as a gift. Cracked it open after 3 months and decided to give it a try. The tin note was subtle and the whiskey note was certainly muted. Not a lot to discern but the mild note was pleasant. Upon initial light the burn seemed to bite initially but soon mellowed. The smoke was relatively flat for about the first third and then the flavor note kicked in and provided interest. I didn't pick up on anything too distinct, but some sweetness was present to even out the smoke. The tobacco moisture was on spot with an easy light and burned evenly throughout without the need to re- light. The smoke provided some nuance, but not a lot to really draw me in. Just when it awoke it failed to draw me in any further. I don't do many whiskey blends but I know I enjoyed MM's Independence Day considerably more. I'll continue to savor this blend and search for its mark. It has its highlights, but they just aren't consistent enough for me yet.

Pipe Used: Bjarne Viking Sandblast Yellow#3

Age When Smoked: 3 mos

Purchased From: P&C

Corncob3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob3 (69)

It's SPW repackaged in a tin. Good, mild puffer. Looks and taste the same, but I prefer the SPW 12 ouncer to this. Which doesn't make sense because they're practically identical. Behaves well and burned down to a fine white ash. Got this one on clearance. If you like dressing up tobacco in tins then buy this, but if you prefer the mason jar then buy bulk. Nevertheless this will not dissapoint.

Pipe Used: Corncob

Similar Blends: Smoker's Pride Whiskey.