This blend of Cavendish tobaccos is heavily cased with Cherry and Vanilla flavours, the result is a cool easy burning sweet smoke. An ideal blend for beginners with low nicotine and lack of tongue bite.

BrandGauntleys Of Nottingham
Manufactured ByGauntleys
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Vanilla
Strength
Strong
Taste
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Gauntleys-Cherry and Vanilla. A bit different to the usual cherry blends.

When I took my first whiff from the pouch I was slightly alarmed! That is one strong smell of cherries I thought! Although, what's a bit different to the usual cherry blends is that it doesn't smell overly sweet or too false, it's a proper cherry smell.

Sadly the blend is too moist from the pouch. It's not soaked entirely but I normally expect a loosely bagged blend to be somewhat dryer than a sealed tin and as I'd had this for about a month in the pouch before smoking some I was hoping it was going to be perfect.

Now, I don't particularly enjoy cherry aromatics that much. I usually find them too heavy, too false, and too sweet but I have a different reaction to this. It tastes strong of cherries, more so than the vanilla but it has more of a natural taste as opposed to a candy like one. There's a little more of the cherry in comparison to the vanilla, the vanilla gives the smoke a smoothness and creaminess.

I find the nicotine pretty mild in this one. I think it would be best suited to the evening slot for any nicotine smokers as there isn't much N to satisfy any lust for it in the day. Maybe smoke it in the evening when relaxing with a drink and not requiring N?

The room note is quite good but it creates a fair amount of actual smoke in the room.

As I said, I don't really favour cherry blends much. This is a little different to the usual suspects though. A hell of a lot more natural tasting. For this reason I recommend it.

Three stars.