Hand made amaretto blend.

BrandRattray
Taste
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Rattray - Union Jack.

The first bowl of this made me think "two or three stars". It's not like I hated it, it just seemed a bit boring. But afterwards I just wanted to re-fill with it every time my bowl was empty; I think it's fair to say I like it!

The blend is more of a ribbon than a mixture. The cut is mid-sized, it's of a good moisture level, and it's equal with the two types of tobacco.

As I found the tin-note pretty strong with amaretto, I'm surprised by the calmer nature of it in the smoke; it seems slightly nutty, and subtly sweet.

I like the tobacco tastes that come through, the two work well with the extra flavouring: the nutty Kentucky goes well with the almonds from the amaretto and the Black Cavendish works wonders alongside the liqueur sweetness.

I find the nicotine below medium and the room-note great!

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Somali Meerschaum

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

THROATHIT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THROATHIT (38)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

Almond.. If you like almond try this blend. It's not a complex blend that changes throught the bowel its a synthetic almond.

Medium sweet and a solid taste that lasts throught the bowel. Nic level is low to low medium. I tried this and petersons senset breeze also almond and this one smokes better for me. The smell of the petersons is more refined but does not translate through combustion. The Rattrays is more almond and chemical almond but the flavour is more robust and comes through the pipe.

Not an all day smoke or my top shelf but like all Rattaray's tobacco it is quality and works. Worth a go if you want a good basic Aero that tastes of almond and is not sweet sweet. I never had to try to like it it was good from the start.

Not to wet and burned fine from the tin with no gloop and not a sticky mess. Dark in colour with the odd gold flecks. No tin notes to describe contents but suspect vg burley and black cavendish as the base.

Pipe Used: various briar

Purchased From: lands stratford upon avon

Similar Blends: Petersons sunset breeze.