From the tin: This ancient pipeweed was found deep within a crevasse while biking through cave passages northwest of Flagstaff, Arizona. Markings on the barrels indicate it was from the stash of goblins of ancient times. Only 320 tins of this exquisite, perfectly preserved mixture were able to be produced.

Notes: Actually, 160 each were made of the Goblin's Weed, one Red and the other Brown.

BrandG. L. Pease
Blended ByGregory Pease
ContentsUnknown
CutPlug
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild, Medium
Extremely Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild, Medium to Full
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Good friend Regis McCafferty, one of the co-founds of the North American Society of Pipe Collectors, sent me a complimentary tin of this NASPC Show blend to sample. Typically wonderful medium Latakia compilation from Pease with an added extra that I just could not put my finger on. Almond perhaps? Anyway, it burned cool and sweet and was sure worthy of any pipe I put it in.

Pipestud

King Weed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
King Weed (97)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Once again, I find myself in agreement with reviewer Pipe Stud. This is an excellent medium English blend from GLP and smokes right to my English smoker's G spot in every pipe I put it in. Yes, it does remind me of Drucquer's Sublime Porte, only stronger. If any of you have ever smoked Esoterica's Pembroke, GW might seem familiar to you in terms of it's overall strength as a medium English; however, the aromatic component is different and I am with Pipe Stud in not knowing exactly what it is. Whatever it is, it sure is fine and I easily give this blend four stars. Just think, there were only 320 tins made (160 with red labels and 160 with taupe labels) but I have seen them from time to time on tables at pipe shows.

Pipe Used: Northern Briars ELX Rox Cut 4-panel billiard

Age When Smoked: 2+years old

Purchased From: NASPC

Similar Blends: GW reminds me of an old Drucquer and Sons Ltd English blend called Sublime Porte which, by the way, was one of the several English blends that Greg Pease worked on for the Drucquer firm to bring it back to it's former production status. This was related to me by Greg , himself, circa 2003..