A delightful blend of top quality African Virginia tobaccos with a touch of Malawi Burley tobaccos. Loose cut and part Cavendish processed. An exotic Mango flavor-fruity taste and aroma. Very mild.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringMango
Strength
Taste

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

Loving the taste of Mango, I ordered an ounce of this a few years back. I recall having a few bowls of this before jarring it up to try later. My earlier recollection was a pretty sweet topped blend that was not much like the mango fruit itself. I was not too crazy about it.

After a few years of sitting in a jar, I recently got back into it. My first bowl was quite good, but I really could not give the topping much credit at all as it had mostly flashed off over the few years in the jar. It was barely perceptible anymore, but what was left exposed was a fantastic base of burley and Virginia that had a lot of natural sweetness.

This is not a surprise to me as it has been my experience with Peter Stokkebye aros that the base tobaccos are great. Based on my earlier testing I would have given this two stars as I did not think the topping was much like that advertised. In some respects a true aromatic fancier may not like the fact that the topping will flash off so easily. This is something that must always be considered for cellaring of aros.

Because I enjoyed it so much after the topping flashed, this will get three stars from me. In closing thoughts though, I will say if you are looking for a true Mango taste IMO, Solani's Tropical Mango is fantastic.

Landsurfer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Landsurfer (4)

I loaded this one into one of my cobs for an after-dinner stroll with the hope of something exotic and sweet. It did not disappoint. The mango flavoring was perceptible and pleasantly fruity. It provided a tasty, dessert smoke that perfectly complimented the spicy Thai meal that I had just finished. As a new pipe smoker, I'm enjoying the adventure of matching tobacco blends with various food and drink and discovering superb pairings like this one.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 8

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 48

Rated Percentage = 80%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, has a Fruity casing After Taste from Start to Finish, a little sweet

Pipe Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Guy (23)
Very Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This tobacco smoked hot with a sour flavor. The tobacco I got was not moist, but it was not too dry either. Room note was OK, but nothing special. Exclusiv's mango blend is much better.