BrandMotzek
CutMixture
Packaging50 gram pouch, bulk
Strength
None Detected, Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild, Medium
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.5
JimInks (2058)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The light Virginia has a tangy citrus flavor with a little grass, and slight earth notes. The burley is a little nutty with a slight molasses hit in a support role. The Syrian latakia is a noticeable, but minor player that adds a light smokey push, while the perique offers a mild presence of plum and spice at a slightly higher level than the latakia. The topping is like honey and fruit. The nic-hit is just past the mild level. No chance of bite or harshness. The tobacco is ribbon and coin cut, packs and burns with ease, producing a cool, creamy sweet and lightly spicy smoke with a consistent flavor. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl, and needs an average number of relights. Has a very pleasant after taste. Not quite an all day smoke.

Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Tolerable

I found this to be a light bodied English blend. It was not very much to my liking, but I would not hold it against the blend or blender as light bodied englishes seldom excite me. I do think it was made with quality leaf and I know several people who really enjoy this one. It reminded me of my experience with SPC Mississippi River. I think if you are someone who likes that type of blend, you will really enjoy this.

Myself, I really prefer Strang to this and due to the expense and hassle that it would take for me to get more, I will not likely be ordering anymore of the number 8. Strang, on the other hand, is very much worth the effort.

Purchased From: gifted from a friend

Similar Blends: SPC Mississippi River.