Exhibiting a fragrance redolent of the exotic mysteries of the east, a blend of well-aged Virginias, cool burning Burleys, alluring Latakia and Macedonian leaf, form a fascinatingly nuanced, medium bodied smoke.

BrandSavinelli
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
Pierre Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pierre (4)

I made my first review VERY lengthy, but I reconsidered all the details and figured this review could be shortened up a lot. It's an English Aromatic, so expect just that. Smells fruity, specifically like grapes to me, maybe fake, maybe not. Doesn't actually taste fruity, but there is a sweetness. Latakia is very muted, VA's as well. I don't get as much out of burleys as others, so I think that's what dominated this blend, and why everything else was not as prominent as it usually is (strong english blends have tons of lat, strong VA blends have tons of VA). Altogether, the combination was fine, just not strong enough or distinctive in any way for me. Lat barely came through, VA is even less so, and I assume the burleys weren't cooperating? I don't mean to say it's a boring blend, it's just fine for an everyday smoke. Not too heavy, good for the morning, good for after dinner. If you like "stout" in your tobacco like me, this will not be the blend for you.

Pipe Used: Savinelli, Klodt Freehand

Purchased From: Gifted from Reddit

pylorns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pylorns (8)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The floral note to it is strong, and for a second I thought it was a lakeland. But I was surprised at the flavor and room note. It's a very good smoke, breakfast or lunch! The orientals in this flourish throughout the whole bowl, and while there is some latakia in it I'm told - I don't notice it at all.

Purchased From: Trade

Similar Blends: Smoker's Haven - Select Mixture.

LoneRider Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LoneRider (12)

First of all, if you love heavy English blends as your steady diet, you probably will find this blend unsatisfying. This is "English Lite". I enjoy strong English tobacco. That said, I love this blend as a morning tobacco with my coffee. Open the tin and a wonderful aroma enters the nose. LIght and fragant, with an almost citrus odor. I'd swear i'd smelled this before, but it might be (sing it boys!), "just my imagination, runnin way with me." This blend packs easily and when smoking, needs no relights. A masterly blended tobacco, its different leaves mix wonderfully for a nice, smooth smoke. There is absolutely no bite to this blend. I could easily see this as an all-day blend, leaving the heavy artillery for night smoking. This blend will be in my rotation as long as they make it (and DO NOT change it!).

Pipe Used: Ashton bent billard

Chrisj2001 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chrisj2001 (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

Kind of a different blend. A moderately cased latakia blend that is overall smooth and smokeable. Not cased enough to be aromatic, not enough body to be a full English, this blend does an average job trying to serve two purposes. The quality of the leaf is apparent and burns clean and dry. Very toasty with a red wine/grape undertone. 3/5.

Pipe Used: Cob/hardwood/Briar

Age When Smoked: <1 Month

Purchased From: Gifted from Reddit.