Exhibiting a fragrance redolent of the exotic mysteries of the east, a blend of well-aged Virginias, cool burning Burleys, alluring Latakia and Macedonian leaf, form a fascinatingly nuanced, medium bodied smoke.

BrandSavinelli
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Appalachian Apprentice Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Appalachian Apprentice (1)

I had a chance to sample this at a local tobacco shop. In the tin, the note is somewhere between apricot and red wine. The tobacco itself was a bit moist out of the tin. It is a log, medium-fine, shaggy tobacco that packs very well. On the light, a fair amount of sweetness came through. After the tobacco was lit and I had settled into the smoke, I realized that the scent from the tin is similar to the scent and flavor in the pipe. Not nearly as strong as the tin note, however, and there was an added smokiness that joined the flavors nicely. The Virginias and I believe the Macedonian leaf seems to take the lead in this blend with the Latakia adding a pleasant non-typical smokiness. The bowl was pleasant and easy to keep lit. Some moisture did accumulate (probably due to me not letting it air out before packing.) The flavor swirled nicely along a continuum of sweet smoky floral...just enough to keep my attention with all the notes coming to the front from time to time (but none dominating or disappearing.) It wasn't quite an aromatic and not quite what I would consider a full blown English. I would consider it a nice balance between the two.

pylorns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pylorns (8)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The floral note to it is strong, and for a second I thought it was a lakeland. But I was surprised at the flavor and room note. It's a very good smoke, breakfast or lunch! The orientals in this flourish throughout the whole bowl, and while there is some latakia in it I'm told - I don't notice it at all.

Purchased From: Trade

Similar Blends: Smoker's Haven - Select Mixture.

LoneRider Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LoneRider (12)

First of all, if you love heavy English blends as your steady diet, you probably will find this blend unsatisfying. This is "English Lite". I enjoy strong English tobacco. That said, I love this blend as a morning tobacco with my coffee. Open the tin and a wonderful aroma enters the nose. LIght and fragant, with an almost citrus odor. I'd swear i'd smelled this before, but it might be (sing it boys!), "just my imagination, runnin way with me." This blend packs easily and when smoking, needs no relights. A masterly blended tobacco, its different leaves mix wonderfully for a nice, smooth smoke. There is absolutely no bite to this blend. I could easily see this as an all-day blend, leaving the heavy artillery for night smoking. This blend will be in my rotation as long as they make it (and DO NOT change it!).

Pipe Used: Ashton bent billard

Pierre Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pierre (5)

I made my first review VERY lengthy, but I reconsidered all the details and figured this review could be shortened up a lot. It's an English Aromatic, so expect just that. Smells fruity, specifically like grapes to me, maybe fake, maybe not. Doesn't actually taste fruity, but there is a sweetness. Latakia is very muted, VA's as well. I don't get as much out of burleys as others, so I think that's what dominated this blend, and why everything else was not as prominent as it usually is (strong english blends have tons of lat, strong VA blends have tons of VA). Altogether, the combination was fine, just not strong enough or distinctive in any way for me. Lat barely came through, VA is even less so, and I assume the burleys weren't cooperating? I don't mean to say it's a boring blend, it's just fine for an everyday smoke. Not too heavy, good for the morning, good for after dinner. If you like "stout" in your tobacco like me, this will not be the blend for you.

Pipe Used: Savinelli, Klodt Freehand

Purchased From: Gifted from Reddit

Capt Chris Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt Chris (1)
Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Today I was buying from barclay rex NYC where there had some tobaccos you could try. I decided to try essenza cipriota just for curiosity because when I opened the tin the smell wasn't great or astonishing or nothing that could call my attention. But, I decided to give it a try anyways and was pleasently surpised. It was a very easy mild, nice smoke. It lights up easily and stays that way throughout. The room note is really nice and the flavour is simple and easy going. I am including this one in my favorites. The only downside at least for me was that i would have thought to be more on the mild strenght. I could feel the nicotine (i regulargly smoke squadron leader or nightcap). A tin of surprises!

Purchased From: Barclays Rex

Chrisj2001 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chrisj2001 (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable

Kind of a different blend. A moderately cased latakia blend that is overall smooth and smokeable. Not cased enough to be aromatic, not enough body to be a full English, this blend does an average job trying to serve two purposes. The quality of the leaf is apparent and burns clean and dry. Very toasty with a red wine/grape undertone. 3/5.

Pipe Used: Cob/hardwood/Briar

Age When Smoked: <1 Month

Purchased From: Gifted from Reddit.