Pipe smoker and Master Penman Michael Sull explains it this way: "When I smoke this blend it's like listening to Perry Como...really nice, no harsh tones. There's a pleasant taste and a pleasing aroma evocative of a past time when grandfather's pipe smoke wafted through the air. There is a certain devotion to past traditions in my work and in my pipe smoking. Both the art of smoking and the art of penmanship require contemplation and a quiet resolve."

Notes: Released at the 2014 IPCPR trade show in Las Vegas, NV

Taste
pylorns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pylorns (8)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

IF you enjoy Nording Labrador you will love this. To me it's very similar blend with the vanilla and caramel flavors kicked up a notch. It's like a vanilla custard. Produces a nice thick smoke, isn't too goopy in the bowl and has a great taste and room note.

I got to try an early sample of this in Kansas City during the pipe show before it was released and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that when it came out, I picked up a couple more tins.

Pipe Used: Stanwell 172, Peterson Darwin, Clay,

Age When Smoked: 1mo

Purchased From: Pipe World

Similar Blends: Nording - Labrador (Hunter Blend).

FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (21)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I tried a 10g sample of this along with a full tin of Master Penman. I found the two very similar, so much that I can't really distinguish the two in memory. See my review of Master Penman, because everything I said about it, can be applied to this.

Great taste, great room note. I'd definitely buy more of it.

Pipe Used: Stanwell Bjarne Nielsen, Peterson, Corncob

Purchased From: tobaccoblends.com.au

Similar Blends: McClelland - Master Penman.