Modern Cavendish combined with loose cut Virginia's and ready rubbed Burley Tobaccos contribute to give our Peterson summertime 2014 pipe tobacco a soft and mellow taste . Creamy sweetness , natural Tobacco flavours together with sweet exotic fruit tantalize the senses , a pipe Tobacco blended perfectly for those long summer evenings .

BrandPeterson
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Underground Cat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Underground Cat (5)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

My first impression upon receiving this tin was: what beautiful tin art but what an odd aroma. Being a beginner pipe smoker, and Summertime Blend 2014 being my second tobacco, I was extremely excited to get this badboy burning! However, I had also ordered online a few other tobaccos (Balkan Sasieni and Peterson Special Reserve 2014), and in contrast to those tobaccos, this one seemed to have an artificial spell, which displeased and frightened me with the burden of having to smoke 100 grams of tobacco I felt uneasy about. I was drawn away at first by the suspicion that it had many chemical additives. After the first smoke I still felt uneasy. However, a week later I couldn't help but revisit this beautiful tin, and upon smelling its fragrance a second time, I became in love. I noticed the underlying hints of vanilla and what I interpret as butterscotch. I couldn't keep my nose out of this tin. The fragrance fills my lungs with joy and gets me rushing to light up a bowl with a cup of lemon tea. I must warn you however that many family members and friends have noted its lasting ordorous smell, which I don't complain about, but perhaps you may dislike this characteristic. Overall I highly recommend this blend, especially if you are a virginia, burley, cavendish lover. Hope this helps and enjoy!

Pipe Used: Lorenzetti Constantine 24

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (46)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I ordered a tin last Thursday as soon as it hit smokingpipes.com. Obviously I rushed the order 2 day USPS and it arrived on Monday.

Since it arrived I've had about eight bowls.

So far it's the usual Peterson once a year aromatic gem.

I have to mention as always the tin artwork on it is very nice. A nice blue summer sky with a butterfly carrying a wonderful 80s Aran on a string with hints of light fluffy white clouds beneath. My fiance' says it reminds her of Monty Python, "How can a one pound bird carry a two pound coconut across the English Channel?".

The tin note is incredible. Lost of light sweet fruity tones to it.

The blend came a bit drier this year than last year. Very much an ideal moisture level right away, no drying time needed.

It packs wonderfully and takes a charring light and true light very well. It burns nice and evenly. A couple of bowls I've actually almost smoked half the bowl before I remembered to tamp. The Burley helps to tame the Virginia and makes for a cool smoke that doesn't bite. The leaf is clearly of high quality as it always burns to a fine white ash.

The flavor is really good. Once again, this blend mingles the sweet fruit top dressing flavors with the natural sweet Virginia flavor. Sometimes one comes to the front and sometimes they come out a bit together.

All in all it's another solid yearly offering from Peterson that if you're a fan of aromatics is a must try.

Pipe Used: Peterson Pipe of the Year 2012 Smooth

Purchased From: www.smokingpipes.com

JamieVB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JamieVB (2)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Very nice smell out of the box, thought this was going to be similar to the 2013 special reserve, however although not as fruity, this is a much more pleasing smoke with a background taste of fruit and a cool smoke. much cooler then the 2013 special reserve. Very good, bit late in summer to hit the shops, but worth the wait.

Similar Blends: Petersons special reserve 2013.

Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Peterson Summertime Blend 2014 . Amazing ! The unlit mixture fills you with reassurance that this is going to be a blend of superior pleasure , and it is . Before lighting it up you can smell an exuberant Berry like aroma which is not at all sweet or overly false , actually a very "true" Berry fragrance . The pieces appear to be very fair in the selection of Virginia , Burley and Cavendish , without there being one in particular ruling the roost ! Lighting it up is an absolute doddle and the burn is super in evenness , temperature , steadiness and will not require re-lighting unless you leave it to stand . Now the most important part... flavour , it can't be faulted at all ! From the moment this one is lit I am blown away , the fruit acts as an amazing embellishment to the mix while not overpowering it at all and is a very true fruit reflection and does not resemble "boiled sweets" as some fruity aro's can . Don't think this is only an aromatic as you get a great cornucopia of tobacco flavours , the Virginia gives the base while the sweet Cavendish lends its accompaniment to the fruity additives beautifully . Vitamin N is again superb and if you smoke for this by inhaling it to get "N" the fruit taste is enhanced by exhaling through the nose . 4 stars for sure !

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

William Arthur Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
William Arthur (1)

A great aromatic the tobacco has a very nice smell of the fruit, also comes through very well when smoked..very nice smell out of the box when we opened it. If you love aromatic type tobacco, must try this one..you won't regret buying this one. :)

Pipe Used: Peterson