Mature Virginia tobaccos have been added to a blend of choice African, Brazilian and other exotic tobaccos. Wide ribbon cut for a slow burn and cool smoke. A fruity vanilla flavour gives this blend the balance in flavour and room note that is desired by some pipe smokers.

Notes: Replaced by Black Cherry Cavendish (No.302).

BrandPeter Stokkebye
FlavoringCherry, Vanilla
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Virginias are a little grassy with a very mild herbal/floral note, though they don't show up much until you're near the end. Same goes for the burley; only a little nuttiness peeks through, more so at the finish. The black cherry is fairly pleasant, but diminishes some near the end and gets a little sour. The vanilla is mild. Has little nicotine. Burns wet even with some dry time, and leaves a little dottle. Needs relights. No bite unless you puff fast. Has an okay after taste. Can be an all day smoke.

pencils Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pencils (43)
Strong Medium Medium Pleasant

Black cherry. What more do I say?

Actually, quite a lot I think. This was not what I expected really. I enjoy a nice sweet black cherry tobacco - I can live with a touch of artificiality and the knowledge that it isn't maybe as God intended, but this wasn't so sweet. Smells great, but the cherry taste itself isn't as prominent as I had hoped.

Perhaps I am used to less nicotine in my cherry blends, because the final part of the bowl on the five or six pipefulls I have had so far have left my head swimming. Not sure whether the excessive moisture has meant that I have had to work hard at keeping it alight, and therefore hard smoking has led me to OD on the nicotine, but it is a bit much for me.

Bit of tongue bite too, I'm afraid.

Enjoyed it mostly, hence the star rating, but not so sure I will rush to buy too much more when other cherry blends are more to my liking.

Meh - you win some and you lose some.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

P/S Cherry contain's a smooth sweet creaminess as well as strength.The taste is full bodied cavendish laced with cherry flavouring & showed no sign of bite to me.This tobacco is very dark & if not packed to tightly is easy to light.I found this to taste & behave exactly as it was described.Whan I feel like something sweet with a bit of a kick to it, I smoke this. It may not be for everyone but I keep it on hand & enjoy the change.Those around me love the rich smell. (In it's own class) I'll give it 3 Star's out of 4.

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I enjoy Peter Stokkebye black cavendishes so decided to give this a shot. Have not been a big fan of cherry tobaccos, most seem to be very medicinal. The Black Cherry blend is quite nice, right amount of moisture, good pouch smell. The cherry smell is pleasant, not overwhelming. When lit it does a good job of staying lit, not too much trouble to keep burning. I was very surprised, the cherry taste is not too strong, and not at all chemically. I am very happy with this blend, will definitely keep this unhand for those times I want a nice desert smoke. No bite, very friendly smoke, I would say is worth a try for sure.