This blend contains a more mature Virginia tobacco from Zimbabwe compared to our other Black Cavendish blends. This provides a drier smoke and yet soft in appearance. Medium and coarse loose cut.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
3.2
Russell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Russell (62)
Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a good quality black cavendish.

It burns a little wet, but smoke it in a small prince and it seems to take care of that problem. The taste is a slight top note of brown sugar with a faint tobacco taste coming through. It is fairly one-dimensional, you could call it "sweet & light" to sum it up.

The room note is also that of brown sugar, and perhaps cookies baking in the background. Nothing spectacular but no one is going to complain over this one.

The problem is that it's two notches away from being flat taste wise, and it has no nicotine.

I think I'll try a maple flavored tobacco next time I want to satisfy my sweet tooth.

But if you like it light, this might be one you'll enjoy.

mel51us Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mel51us (47)
Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

This is a very good tobacco offering from Peter Stokkebye. My 2 oz. sample arrived at just the right moisture level to load up and smoke. Burns cool, and completely down to a pale grey ash in the pipe with no tongue bite, no goopy mess and no bitter aftertaste. This would be a great tobacco for the new pipe smoker, for the aromatic smoker that wants true tobacco flavor, or for the English blend smoker that needs the occasional change of pace smoke.

Without a doubt, the best tasting, driest burning budget black Cavendish I have had. Makes a great blender. It is astoundingly inexpensive.

Very Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is an excellent cavendish in all ways. It is perhaps the best base tobacco I have ever used to add sweetness to a bitter blend, and smokes like a dream on its own. I do admit that it has been awhile since I have found enough interest in this type of tobacco to smoke a bowl of it alone, but whenever I want something very easy and sweet, that tastes like I imagined pipe tobacco would back when I first beheld someone smoking, this is it. A great tobacco for beginners as well.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)

In Australia this is known as No 1 Black.I'd thoroughly advise anyone new to pipe smoking to try this.It's nice & mellow with a very pleasant taste.Not cased with artificial flavouring's & great for also mixing with other type's of tobacco as well.And it doesn't bite at all! I'm almost tempted to say that it remind's of a delightful mild chocolate.But whatever the taste ít's very pleasant,& after nearly 31 year's of pipe smoking-I alway's keep some on hand.Give it a go! 4 out of 4 star's in it's class.