This blend contains a more mature Virginia tobacco from Zimbabwe compared to our other Black Cavendish blends. This provides a drier smoke and yet soft in appearance. Medium and coarse loose cut.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
mel51us Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mel51us (47)
Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

This is a very good tobacco offering from Peter Stokkebye. My 2 oz. sample arrived at just the right moisture level to load up and smoke. Burns cool, and completely down to a pale grey ash in the pipe with no tongue bite, no goopy mess and no bitter aftertaste. This would be a great tobacco for the new pipe smoker, for the aromatic smoker that wants true tobacco flavor, or for the English blend smoker that needs the occasional change of pace smoke.

Without a doubt, the best tasting, driest burning budget black Cavendish I have had. Makes a great blender. It is astoundingly inexpensive.

Very Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is an excellent cavendish in all ways. It is perhaps the best base tobacco I have ever used to add sweetness to a bitter blend, and smokes like a dream on its own. I do admit that it has been awhile since I have found enough interest in this type of tobacco to smoke a bowl of it alone, but whenever I want something very easy and sweet, that tastes like I imagined pipe tobacco would back when I first beheld someone smoking, this is it. A great tobacco for beginners as well.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)

In Australia this is known as No 1 Black.I'd thoroughly advise anyone new to pipe smoking to try this.It's nice & mellow with a very pleasant taste.Not cased with artificial flavouring's & great for also mixing with other type's of tobacco as well.And it doesn't bite at all! I'm almost tempted to say that it remind's of a delightful mild chocolate.But whatever the taste ít's very pleasant,& after nearly 31 year's of pipe smoking-I alway's keep some on hand.Give it a go! 4 out of 4 star's in it's class.