A new blend that combines the mildness of Cavendish plus the cool smooth burning quality of Burley. A pleasant light aromatic blend.

BrandPeretti
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
Strength
Taste
2.5
Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (85)

This is a very nice burley blend, light aromatic. Cube cut,the blend loads and packs easily. The casing and flavoring are light. I did not detect an eggnog taste but it has a light vanilla-ish, maybe eggnog smell in the bag. There is a definite nicotine kick due to it being burley. The flavoring comes through a bit while smoking but the sweetness is mostly due to the good quality burley. A tobacco lover's aromatic and a classic American smoke.

Note: Anyone who says this is a full aromatic, chemical laden smoke is either mistaken or the blend has changed.

aadelma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aadelma (55)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a full aromatic which is so loaded with PG that I left the pouch open for 6 months and it was still too moist. It smells nice in the pouch but this does not translate to the actual flavor. It burns a bit hot and will goo up your pipe. There is a slight burley/Va flavor, but is covered up by all of the chemical flavorings of the cavendish. I gave up and dumped it in the garden. A very poor offering from a blender who usually offers high-quality products.

LSU Tiger Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LSU Tiger (13)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

I tried Belmont after getting a sampler from Peretti's. The sweet, but spicy scent from the pouch allured me and I bought a half pound.

I found that in a smaller bowl, Belmont is a mild, pleasant smoke. Trying it in a three star Ferndown, however, was disappointing. While it was a dry, cool smoke, the sweet flavor built to a point that was akin to smoking cotton candy.

A excellent "social smoke' in a smaller bowl, I cannot recommend it as a daily smoke except to those with a sweet tooth. Two of four stars.

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Eggnog indeed! I know Peretti's sells a Thanksgiving Day blend, but Belmont would certainly serve that role as well. When I opened the pouch I was struck with the delicious aromas of rum, nutmeg, and a hint of cinnamon.

This looks a bit different than other Burley blends from Peretti's as well. Intermixed with the rubbed out plug cut, there are relatively wide strips and ribbons, which I assume are the Cavendish.

The flavor is fairly mild, with the eggnog, but there is an oaken woodsiness wafting in and out that I found to be very pleasant. The sidestream smoke smells good enough to eat. I experienced no bite, and it burned quite dry as well.

All in all a pleasant holiday diversion. If you are used to heavy blends you might not care for this blend's mildness.

Recommended to lovers of light aromatics.

emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Another fine Peretti blend, and a happy medium between the old timey 101 and the 333. Pleasant burleys combine with rich, aromatic Cavendish. I'm liking these more than the bitey Wilkes and the more aggressive Pipes and Tobaccos' Old Tartan. If you must smoke aromatics, go for Perettis, as they will not goop or gurgle your pipe. An all day blend, that like an old friend, can always be relied upon.

Three of five stars

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

At the Chicagoland Pipe Show I first encountered this.I said EGG NOG! The gent from Peretti said "good call". It is flavored with Rum. I found this much better than Pipes and Cigars' "EGG NOG". The flavor really is a rum like something with some vanilla thrown in. Peretti blends all have that old -timey taste to them. I think this is very similar to some of the Wilke aromatics I have tried. A nice smoke. It will not rock your world,but will at least settle your mood for a time. An aromatic diversion well worth trying 3 of 4 stars.