Blended ByCarl McCallister
FlavoringWhisky
Packaging1.5 ounces Tin
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste

A mild topping of Irish whisky is the star flavor, though you can get a little taste of the Virginia and sweet burley with a light bread note. It’s a short ribbon cut that burns well, even and cooly with a consistent creamy smoothness, and no sour notes. An all day smoke that doesn’t overwhelm and has a pleasant room note.

Mr. Motoyoshi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Motoyoshi (66)

The tin pops, and a lovely forest of Virginias and Burleys are awaiting you. An invisible mist of Irish Wiskey Cream mixed with the earthiness of the Burleys are the tin note. It's surprisingly dry for an aromatic. Not very sticky at all. This tobacco pack very easily with little to no drying time.

Not difficult to get this tobacco lit, nor to maintain the ember. Room note is pleasant as it is somewhat reminscent of grandpa or that pipesmoker who lived down the block when you were a child.

The first half of the bowl is a very smooth and creamy smoke. Very enjoyable for post-meal/dessert bowls. The Burleys acts as support for the sweetness of the VAs and the creamy whiskey.

But after the first half the Burleys present themselves as the main players and stay there. Now, I am a Burley fan. I love my blends with a nice earthy, nutty burley flavor. But if you're buying this looking for a sweet smoke throughout the bowl, you may be disappointed. I'm imagining that the whiskey topping is burned off and you're smoking the reamining burley tobacco. I don't know the proportions of Burley to VA but I'm going to guess it's in the 1:3 ratio as the nutty earthy flavor becomes the predominant flavor profile for the latter half of the bowl. Some Cavendish added to this may help sweeten it up. Alas, I am just a pipe smoker, not a professional blender.

Not a bad tobacco just not what I expected. I would recommend the Dutch Masters Whiskey over this for someone looking for a sweet smoke and a great room note.

Pipe Used: Cobs, Briars and Mortas

gladi8tor96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gladi8tor96 (79)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Light to medium brown ribbons in the tin. Smells wonderful...Irish cream, cream, caramel. Lights and burns well and it actually tastes creamy. Multiple people have commented on how good it smells while they are around me while I have smoked this blend. Can bite a bit, but not more so than any other aromatic. It's enjoyable with a good cup of coffee. I have considered blending this with a straight virginia to give it more of a kick...but it's good on it's own. I also don't find that weird aftertaste that is apparent with most aromatics (I guess the 'soap'?).

One of my favorite aromatics.

Pipe Used: Bent Billard, Dublin, Egg, Acorn

Age When Smoked: New from store - 1-2 years

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Similar Blends: Cornell & Diehl - Irish Blessing, Abenaki Tobacco Co. - Irish Cream.

This is a pleasant mildly aromatic VaBur. The topping is sweet and smooth and is identifiable as Irish whisky. Once the topping burns off, you are left with a basic mild VaBur. There are a few nutty, earthy and tart notes at this point. I was given a tin minus a couple of bowls, so my sample may have aired a little. Moisture was good for me, and I smoked it without drying.

This one is a little stronger than many of the Sutliff SPS aromatic blends, and there is a nice tobacco flavor once the topping is gone. The topping itself is pleasant and not overpowering. This one is easy to recommend.

Planet Scott Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Planet Scott (30)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Like other Sutliff PS aromatics, with prominent aromas, this one is sweet, spicy whiskey. And, with other Sutliff PS aros, the aroma does not equal the flavor, in that it is quite subdued. For me, that is a good thing when first opening the tin, one wonders how overpowering it will be. Not the case here.

A pleasantly mild tobacco with moderate flavoring. When dried for a day, it lights and burns nicely. My one complaint.....Tongue bite. Not excessive, but it is evident to me. Kind of surprising as the other Sutliff PS I've had do not have this problem.

If not for the tongue bite, I would like this as a milder smoke.

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (78)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Sutliff Private Stock County Cork

Virginian and Burley Tobaccos

Tin Note: Appearance is of Good Cut and Colors Tobaccos Slightly Moist. The Aroma is Very Nice with a sweet whiskey smell

The Burn: Straight out of a newly opened tin, the tobacco smokes good from start to finish. The actual tobacco flavors are of good quality leaf and provide a light to medium bodied smoke. The top note - I agree with Jim that this is smooth and creamy not overly sweet.

Very Flavorful and Enjoyable

When Slightly Dried out before smoking the tobaccos do smoke better and while you loose some of the top notes you can better understand that these are really good tobaccos

My 5 Star rating = 3.5 I recommend this tobacco for those who like an aromatic