In fairy tales, he swung with List on the king of birds:
The wren - one of the smallest, most insignificant birds on our latitudes, but one of the loudest!
A fitting name for this Ready Rubbed Cut Plug. Light brown Virginia with a hint of Black Cavendish, pressed together and matured, refined with a new attractive flavor, fresh, with sweet and floral tones, incredibly soft and fragrant.
A truly "royal" pleasure.

BrandDan Tobacco
Very Mild, Medium, Full
Lord Henry Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lord Henry (1)
Mild Very Strong Full Pleasant

If you like Liquorice or Pastis, go with it. The tobacco is of exceptionnel quality and is nothing but flavoured natural. In Germany kind of unique stuff. Some say it´s like condor, both share an intense aroma, but Condors is much more artifical and indefinable.

Similar Blends: SG-Grousemoor.

Mild Medium Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I was sent a sample of this from a friend in Germany along with a sample of Peter Rasmussen's green label. I found these two blends to be pretty similar, but this one seemed to be a lot more floral; whereas, the PRGL had a much fruitier profile.

The topping on this one seemed a lot like condor's topping, but the base tobaccos to me were much more a Virginia where Condor has a substantial amount of burley that I feel is a better compliment to the floral topping. The base on the little wren is also pretty light and the topping seemed to flash off substantially in the first third of the bowl leaving little left.

I smoked it in Meers and cobs as I do with most my aros. Last night I loaded up my Baki Volcano with the remaining amount of the sample and found myself incredibly bored with the smoke by the end of the bowl. I ended up dumping it a little early as I just didn't want to smoke anymore. And this had nothing to do with having too much nicotine. Not that I smoke an aro for any deep contemplative reasons, but usually I would take the blend down to the dregs.

I preferred the green label to this one and can't really recommend this one in good conscience as I just don't think it is a good aromatic tobacco and there are just too many out there to waste time with this one.

Pipe Used: meers and cobs

Brendan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brendan (8)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

When i opened the tin, there was strong pungent fruit smell. the smell reminded me of maybe figs and red wine or a stronger smelling Robert McConnel Black&Gold. The tobacco was pretty moist, so moist that there was some rust forming on the inside(the tobacco wasn't affected). The Tobacco consist of yellow to brown VA with about 30%-40% black Cavendish.

It burns really cool, can get hot if constant puffing(but hard to get it hot and to get tongue bite). It tastes like fruit, wine-ish and the taste is really consistent and sweet. I'm not a big fan of aromatics and i would categorize this as an aromatic. And i'm LOVING THIS. I don't find this to have a chemical taste. and doesn't turn bitter, sour or loses flavour at the end of the bowl.

This is definitely a early morning smoke or after dinner. i would definitely buy this again, just for the moments when i want a sweet tasting smoke. A MUST TRY FOR AROMATIC SMOKERS!!!!

after leaving this out to air a bit, the strong smell and taste disappear. but it does smoke good, just the taste isn't that strong anymore.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob

Age When Smoked: atleast 1 year

Purchased From: Linzbach, Germany

Similar Blends: Robert Mcconnel Black&Gold( Little Wren has a stronger flavoring).