This fine, old-time blend of Burley, Maryland and Virginia tobaccos has a distinctive brandy aroma and flavor.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsBurley, Maryland, Virginia
FlavoringBrandy
PackagingBag
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat)
Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A good nutty barley leaf with brandy topping. Good nicotine level. Very enjoyable blend try it. A real flavorful blend. Does not go flat through out the entire bowl

This blend is sold in bulk 8 oz bag. Priced right.

Pipe Used: Savenelli, Radice,Cob, Burak

Age When Smoked: 4 weeks

Purchased From: Payless pipes

Similar Blends: hard to find similar blend. I havent come across any in recent years. Maybe back in the 70;s or 80's you would find somthing close. Everyone today is really into the harsh blends of GL Pease and alike. Which are good and I do enjoy myself., This blend is reminiscant of when pipe smoking was also relaxing..

LtMac Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LtMac (21)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

This is probably the best aromatic pipe tobacco that I have smoked. I started pipe smoking with aromatic tobaccos and moved through all other genres of pipe tobacco. I now smoke all types of tobacco from mild aromatics to extremely strong Virginias, Flakes, Twists, English, Balkans, etc. I believe all pipe tobacco is good in its own way and try not to bash any particular type.

McClelland Townsman Cavendish Brandy (Black Bag) is medium in strength and flavoring. It has a good taste and a pleasant room note that will elicit favorable comments from people around you. When purchased it does not come as wet in the package as do some other aromatics. It burns well, provides a dry smoke and a good quantity of the brandy flavor comes through to the smoker. There is enough nicotine there to let you know you've smoked something. To me, the Townsman Cavendish line from McClelland is superior to their Premium Aromatic tinned series at a much more favorable price. Three stars for McClelland Townsman Cavendish Brandy.

SirShaggy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SirShaggy (28)
Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I was given about 2oz of this tobacco with a pipe I bought. I figured it was worth a try and was glad I did. OK, if you want a cool easy smoke, this is it! Light brown in color, semi-sweet, lightly moist and delicious. It will make a new smoker as happy as can be. It may even make a veteran happy! It seems to be hard to find, that is the only downfall to me. Now that I know I like it, I want to buy some. The room note is very nice, lightly aromatic with just a touch of smoke. Very smooth and cool burning. Can be a touch moist, just give it 15-20 minutes before smoking. This will not make you sick to your stomach with sweetness. It is just a light & easy smoke.

Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

The best way to describe this blend is an oriental with sweetness added by the booze. It was cool and tasty in a different sort of way.

This is a crossover blend that should be enjoyed by both the aromatic and non-aromatic crowds.

I liked it as a change of pace, and believe you will too.

farndog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
farndog (22)
Mild to Medium Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

This is another of the Townsman Cavendish tobaccos from McClelland. This one specifically is brandy, and this is really pretty good for an aromatic. Everything about the tobacco hold true here that I wrote in my review of the maple blend. The tobacco is moist and is probably topped. The Townsman series can bite with agressive puffing, but are pretty smooth otherwise. Burns clean for an aromatic.