This fine, old-time blend of Burley, Maryland and Virginia tobaccos has a distinctive brandy aroma and flavor.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (102)
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I am going to give this 4 Stars just because there is absolutely nothing quite like it. It has a unique taste that reminds me something along the lines of Grousemoore. Not that it tastes like Grousemoore - but it is that unique in flavor.

Semi Sweet with a real nice Tobacco taste - just the kind of smoke you might like when you just want to relax with when you have your evening Joe or cup of tea.

The Brandy flavor is there but it doesn't over power the tobacco.

This was gifted to me and I plan to have some on hand when I go thru the 8 oz bag.

A good smoke any time of day.

Pipe Used: Nording Freehand

Purchased From: Unknown

Similar Blends: Nothing.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (117)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A good nutty barley leaf with brandy topping. Good nicotine level. Very enjoyable blend try it. A real flavorful blend. Does not go flat through out the entire bowl

This blend is sold in bulk 8 oz bag. Priced right.

Pipe Used: Savenelli, Radice,Cob, Burak

Age When Smoked: 4 weeks

Purchased From: Payless pipes

Similar Blends: hard to find similar blend. I havent come across any in recent years. Maybe back in the 70;s or 80's you would find somthing close. Everyone today is really into the harsh blends of GL Pease and alike. Which are good and I do enjoy myself., This blend is reminiscant of when pipe smoking was also relaxing..

Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

The best way to describe this blend is an oriental with sweetness added by the booze. It was cool and tasty in a different sort of way.

This is a crossover blend that should be enjoyed by both the aromatic and non-aromatic crowds.

I liked it as a change of pace, and believe you will too.

HobgoblinTA96 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HobgoblinTA96 (42)

One my personal favorites. This lovely blend is an old style burley similar to PA. However, this blend is not heavily cased and uses only a light top note for flavoring. A brilliant burley blend of quality tobacco and a lovely splash of brandy. Well done I say.

Pipe Used: Zulu and Billiard

Age When Smoked: Fresh to 6 months

Purchased From: Iwan Ries and Pipes & Cigars

Similar Blends: Old style Burley Cavendish.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I just purchased an 8oz bag of this after remembering I enjoyed the Maple version a decade ago and also really like alcohol topped tobacco's. These aromatics are unique in that they provide a nice nicotine hit from the Burley and employ sweetness from the Maryland tobacco's while the toppings do not overpower the true tobacco flavor. The black bag (Brandy) is better IMO than the Maple blend so if you tried the Maple and liked the tobacco but wished for a different topping then I sugesst trying the Brandy or Rum. Again, I really enjoyed having an aromatic that provides nicotine and one that pleases company. 3 stars!

SirShaggy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SirShaggy (28)
Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I was given about 2oz of this tobacco with a pipe I bought. I figured it was worth a try and was glad I did. OK, if you want a cool easy smoke, this is it! Light brown in color, semi-sweet, lightly moist and delicious. It will make a new smoker as happy as can be. It may even make a veteran happy! It seems to be hard to find, that is the only downfall to me. Now that I know I like it, I want to buy some. The room note is very nice, lightly aromatic with just a touch of smoke. Very smooth and cool burning. Can be a touch moist, just give it 15-20 minutes before smoking. This will not make you sick to your stomach with sweetness. It is just a light & easy smoke.