BrandNewminster
Pleasant, Tolerable
Ehrling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ehrling (61)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is a flavorful and reasonably well-balanced blend of Orientals, Burleys and Virginias and it does display an Oriental character. This blend is quite similar to Newminster Oriental Pipe Cut, but Burley is added to the Norway blend to replace some of the Virginias. The end result is a more rounded, mellow and smoother blend overall without some of the harshness found in the Oriental blend.

There is enough here for a weak 3-star rating (somewhere in the 2.6-2.9 range) and I recommend it over Oriental Pipe Cut. This is a bargain priced blend (about $2 an ounce) and it represents a value.

Similar Blends: Newminster (No. 84) Oriental Pipe Cut--the Norway blend finds Burley substituted for some of the Virginia in the Oriental blend. Norway is the better choice in my estimation.

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (14)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I've been looking for a mellow, smooth, all day type of smoke. Norway seems to fit the bill. For some reason aros scorch my mouth. I like the strong stuff, night-cap, ropes, coins, etc. But they are not a anytime, all day type of experience. Norway could be stronger, but it is a grab it and go. Doesn't take a lot of deciding. My wife even likes the room note. I may try blending in a little strength, but I'm glad I found it.

Pipe Used: Old wire-brushed briar

Age When Smoked: Hard to tell, pretty dry, I'm adding moisture

Similar Blends: Similar to other orientals, but a little more mellow..