BrandNewminster
Pleasant, Tolerable
Ehrling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ehrling (63)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

Purchased in bulk form, this is a flavorful and reasonably well-balanced blend of Orientals, Burleys and Virginias and it does display its Oriental character. This blend is quite similar to Newminster Oriental Pipe Cut, but Burley is added to the Norway blend to replace some of the Virginias. The end result is a more rounded, mellow and smoother blend overall without some of the harshness found in the Oriental blend. But as with MOST bulk blends, I simply cannot attest to the consistency of these blends from batch to batch.

There is enough here for me to recommend, but I feel that my evaluation should actually fall about midway between a 2 & 3 rating) and I certainly recommend it over Oriental Pipe Cut. This is a VALUE priced blend (about $2 an ounce in bulk) and it is certainly more than worth the price.

Similar Blends: Newminster (No. 84) Oriental Pipe Cut, but Norway Pie Cut is the better choice in my estimation.

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (15)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I've been looking for a mellow, smooth, all day type of smoke. Norway seems to fit the bill. For some reason aros scorch my mouth. I like the strong stuff, night-cap, ropes, coins, etc. But they are not a anytime, all day type of experience. Norway could be stronger, but it is a grab it and go. Doesn't take a lot of deciding. My wife even likes the room note. I may try blending in a little strength, but I'm glad I found it.

Pipe Used: Old wire-brushed briar

Age When Smoked: Hard to tell, pretty dry, I'm adding moisture

Similar Blends: Similar to other orientals, but a little more mellow..