A Light blend of Middle and Old Belt Virginia with Perique to conjure a distinctively aromatic smoke.

BrandJames Fox
Blended ByPlanta
ContentsVirginia, Perique
FlavoringHoney
Strength
Taste
Very Full
Dubinthedam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dubinthedam (133)
Medium Medium Very Full Very Pleasant

An honor indeed. The first reviewer. I picked up a tin of this in their dublin shop while I was back in my home town. I had a very nice surprise, had intented just to buy their almost famous dorisco, but as I love my aro's just had to pick it up. This is a sweet aro of the old school style, the casing is of no particular smell or flavour. Perhaps a little hint of caramel/vanilla, maybe a little whiskey. Very sweet without being sticky or candy like. Creamy in the mouth. I am always on the look out for good quality, sweet aro's that don't bite too much, this is such an aromatic.

There is a very nice spicey taste to it, the perique I suspect. The tobacco is dark and can be smoked straight after the tin has been open, nice and dry. In fact this is the first sweet aro I have tried with such a spicey flavour. Blended by Kohlhase & kopp, Germany, which if i remember correctly also do McConnells Scottish Cake. The wife will like it for sure, and to me this is that kind of 'traditional sweet pipe smell' that made you enjoy the company of a pipe smoker so much as a child. The dorisco is also great by the way but'english blends' are still only an occassional smoke for me.