Latakia, Virginias and Turkish combined to produce a rich full mixture. Flake cut and all natural tobaccos aged, insures one an enjoyable rich and fulfilling smoke. (Full English)

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Medium, Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Very Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong

I'm always having to pull out my tobacco notebook when adding reviews involving Bufflehead blends that I've smoked over the years. So many of them have similar names that I get my waterfowl confused. I never saw this one in a tin but had a few ounces that were in a commercial grade baggie that was vacuum sealed for over 10 years. Nice strong flake with a flavor that reminded me somewhat of the old House of Windsor Barking Dog (both have Latakia and Burley), but this one was much richer in the Latakia department and smoked very, well... very smokey. A large percentage of Latakia is in this blend and it cover the palate with every puff. I liked it.

pmonroeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pmonroeb (92)
Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

Another good English blend from Bufflehead. Strong on latakia, but well blended, it builds up flavor near the bottom. It packs easily and burns exceptionally well. I gave this three stars even though I prefer the Bufflehead Barrows Goldeneye for its strong latakia and unique hint of natural sweetness. I will likely keep this on hand.

This is available in bulk and the proprietor will can it for you at a most reasonable fee for long term storage.

Bufflehead will also mail you a sampler with your choice of five 2 oz pouches of his blends for a quite reasonable price.