Black Cavendish prepared on the base of mature sweet Virginia tobaccos, blended with scraps of bright golden Broad Cut Virginia to color up its appearance and to improve its burning abilities. Seasoned with a nut-tinted flavor composition of nougat and pistachio. A smooth and sweet rich aromatic delight for your palate and also for the nose of those around you.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Tobacco
Manufactured ByDan Tobacco
Contents Black Cavendish, Virginia
Flavoring Nougat, Pistachio
CutCube
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild, Medium
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild, Medium
1.7
Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (63)

I (amongst others I guess) find it confusing to find an aromatic in the classic looking Elwood line of DTM. This mostly Black Cavendish and dark brown appearing mix with some bright VA sprinkles, shows ribbon-, broad- as well as cube cuts. The mild pistachio/nougat casing is only slightly enhancing the sweetness. I have a sort of peanut butter made of pistachios for spread and the aroma here matches my impressions in scent and taste. I find the strength rather in the upper medium of aromatics and even prefer it using a filter, the way the manufacturer designed it.

I personally like the topping for not being candy-sweet, but wouldn’t recommend this to beginners for it is way too sensitive to eager draws and heat. Should you be familiar with Michael Apitz Black, Gold (Perfect Blend) or Bentley Royal Vanilla, this one will be no surprise to you.

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter

Age When Smoked: fresh to 2 yrs

Purchased From: http://www.danpipe.de

Similar Blends: DTM Jolly Joker, Huber Diablo Nero, remotely even McC Deep Hollow or Best Of Show.

irwanFahmi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
irwanFahmi (4)

This tobacco had a good smell, tease more creamy, it the only aromatic that suit me. It good for public smoking. I'll recommend to who want to start smoking pipe

Pipe Used: Stanwell Blowfish

Age When Smoked: 37

Purchased From: Kamelah Tobacco House Ipoh

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (143)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Picked this up on a whim and was surprised at the total lack of flavor. Also upon opening the tin, it is very dry for an aromatic. So much so that I worry it will be like tinder to a forest fire in the coming days. I wonder how long it has been on the shelf of the B&M I frequent. It lights easily as it is so dry and stays lit with no problem. It does burn down to a nice ash at the bottom of the pipe. There is not much on the nicotine side of things to really do much for me. YMMV. I would recommend this if you are into aromatics, this may be for you.