Meet Parson's Blend... developed for the parson himself! One of our dear customers, who happens to be an Anglican priest, asked for a blend that his wife would let him smoke indoors and that also would not lead to tongue bite. Parson's Blend is our effort to deliver these characteristics in a mild, aromatic blend that leaves your mouth feeling soft and smooth and fills the room with a delicious, warm note. Customers often say that Parson's Blend's smoke is "thick"; our experience is that it leaves you in the midst of a very pleasant cloud. Delicious and crowd-pleasing!

Notes: Founded by Jim and Gwen Reeves in August of 1970, The Country Squire has been a Mississippi fixture and mainstay for over 40 years. As Mississippi's oldest tobacconist, we feature over 20 unique and interesting house pipe tobacco blends.

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Contents Black Cavendish, Burley
Flavoring Fruit / Citrus
TGatewood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TGatewood (4)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

The two best qualities associated with Parson's blend, excluding it's fruity taste, is its delightful aroma and the voluminous amount of smoke this blend produces. As the description notes, this blend was created to be smoked in the house at the approval of the wife or girlfriend. If your significant other is hesitant about your pipe smoking, then this may just be the blend to win them over. A soft but flavorful fruitiness makes this blend a great after dinner smoke. While fruit and spices are the main attractions of Parson's Blend, it's flavoring does not detract from the natural tobacco taste. I no point felt I was smoking a "syrupy" aromatic. Great blend that will have a place in my cellar for years to come.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Bing's Favorite

Age When Smoked: Freshly Mixed

OffTheBooksBrewing Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OffTheBooksBrewing (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Being a routine Country Squire Radio listener, I knew early on in my pipe smoking adventure that one day I would eventually have to give the world renowned “Parson’s Blend” a shot. I must say, I have not been disappointed. This blend of tobacco gives off large plumes of bellowing smoke that fills the air with a beautiful aromatic scent that almost everyone enjoys. It burns cool and does not leave any signs of tongue bite. I’ve put it through cobs and briars with much success. If you enjoy aromatics or you’re looking for a smoke that the misses won’t mind, I recommend this blend!

Pipe Used: Cobs and Briars

Age When Smoked: Upon Shipment

Purchased From: The Countery Squire;

Blackhorse Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blackhorse (76)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

First - great aroma. Cocoa-nilla fruity something W the fruity thing WAY in the back. It packs, lights burns very easily taking off with one good touch from my Pearl Eddie. After lighting and settling a bit I am getting the best flavors of any aromatic I've ever smoked. Smooth and creamy light cocoa mocha vanilla with a subtle enhancement of something slightly fruity lurking. Totally free of any chemical taint of metallic tinge. The smoke through the bit is delicious. The smoke off the bowl is delicious. Hmmm. I just remembered...I'm pairing this with a tall cup of fine Kenya, black. That might be where the Mocha thing came in. Anyway, very bite. Steady puffing doesn't seem to bother it. All in all, long story short...a real winner. Gold medal trial on this one. If this is any indication of the quality of The Country Squire house blends...they just found a new customer for life!

Pipe Used: MM General W 5" Forever Stem

Shiloh Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shiloh (4)

From the Mountain Rambling Rusticator:

I smoked this for the fist time, in a briar Canadian, while walking the dogs in the snow on a spectacular bluebird day here in the mountains of Colorado. From the first puff I knew this would be a new favorite and a new addition to my Top Shelf list of tobaccos. This smoke evokes a pastoral stroll in a bucolic meadow. It's as soft as a Lab's ear, as comfortable as a favorite pair of jeans, and as congenial as an old friend. Four stars all the way.

Pipe Used: Briar Canadian

Age When Smoked: Newly acquired from the tobacconist

Purchased From: The Country Squire, Jackson, MS

jasoncbaily Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jasoncbaily (2)

A mild, fruity taste that blends nicely with a nice aroma. Very enjoyable for my wife to be in the presence of as opposed to non-aromatic blends. From her standpoint, it is a pleasurable experience for an evening smoke. From my standpoint, great taste. Not too fruity. Definitely not syrupy. Great blend!

Pipe Used: Viprati bent

jcoope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jcoope (2)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

The fruit flavoring in this tobacco is very mild. It is very subtle. It smokes great all the way down. It did not bite either.

Pipe Used: Peterson 01 system, cob