Haymaker is a natural sweet Virginia flake from Indian, Philippine and Brazilian leaf. This pure Virginia flake fascinates both by its full aroma, and a pleasurable smoking experience. Haymaker is an easy going companion with complexity for delightful smokes troughout the day. As for all HU-Tobacco flakes, no glues and binders are used and thus enable easy rubbing or fold and pack. Try it - love it !

BrandHU Tobacco
Blended ByHans Wiedemann
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full

A flake comprised of several varieties of Virginia with no topping. The natural sweetness of the Virginias create a mild citrus flavor which is complimented by some grass, hay, and earth notes. It reminds me of a more natural, little stronger version of Dunhill Flake. The flake is easy to rub out if you aren’t a “fold and stuff” smoker, but either way you pack it gives you a perfectly burn rate with a consistent taste and no dottle. Not much nicotine here as it is designed to an excellent all day smoke that doesn’t wear out your taste buds. As good as it is fresh, I imagine with age, it’ll be even better. Well worth cellaring.

Oracle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Oracle (3)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

This is a pleasant Virginia smoke, no bite, easily lights and stays lit, burns to a nice soft white with little dottle. I really don't think there is anything that separates it from other Virginia tobacco blends that are much easier to obtain. This tobacco is not available to me locally so I probably won't go out of the way to obtain more. I did enjoy it and wouldn't discourage others for making it an all day Virginia blend they might prefer. Slightly more smoky taste than grassy which is one minor difference leading pipers to perhaps be surprised by the blend.

Pipe Used: Blatter squashed tomato

Age When Smoked: new out of the tin

Purchased From: Gifted

Similar Blends: Many Virginia other blends..

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (113)
Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is another tobacco that was recently gifted to me, I've been very lucky to get a few of these recently. I only had about an ounce of it much like the others, however, unlike a lot of tobaccos that I can usually get at least some measure of with this amount, I've struggled with this one but I'll do my best to give a review of it.

The note in the sample bag it came in was mildly of vanilla and toffee, very pleasant. The dark brown flakes were not difficult to rub out and made for easy packing and lighting. The smoke itself is very mild and there is very little nic hit. I did have some difficulty discerning it, but there are sweet tones of caramel and toffee with odd little hints of vanilla. There is also something else creeping around underneath, it's quite an earthy tone I think but am not sure, something savoury, it's seems like the kind of flavour that shouldn't fit with the others but does, and does so very well. I'm not sure but it seems to be a taste akin to the smell of pipe tobacco I used to get as a kid from my great uncle and other pipe smokers I had the luck to pass by and a catch a whiff of their very pleasurable vice.

To be honest, having smoked so little and struggled to discern properly the full merits of this tobacco, I don't feel in any way qualified to review it. However, these are my impressions on the modest but generously gifted sample I was lucky enough to receive, so I am quite happy to be corrected and pulled apart by subsequent reviewers to whom I would advise "please do". However, I have had tremendous pleasure from smoking and working out the nuances of a very mild tobacco that I have, nonetheless, enjoyed thoroughly. It upholds the standards of all other HU tobaccos I have smoked and am starting to expect of them. A very guarded four stars pending further qualification from either other reviewers or my acquisition of more.

Pipe Used: Basket briar

Age When Smoked: Unknown

Purchased From: Gifted

Harry Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Harry (13)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Super tobacco. Similar to the Sunset Flake, but a touch fuller and with a bit more of a tang, I felt. Really creamy, smooth smoke, wonderfully soothing and calming. A beautiful fresh taste, with a biscuity feel. Great tin note and aroma. This grassy blend has all the hallmarks of a great handmade blend, with considerable attention to moisture, texture, cut, burn and taste. As with the Sunset, this leaves me satisfied and full of contentment. No bite, bitterness or tart aftertaste, just a fine mellow virginia sweetness on the tongue. A perfect smoke.

Pipe Used: Peterson Harp Bulldog

Age When Smoked: About two months from purchase

Purchased From: Direct from HU

Similar Blends: Sunset Flake.