A robust spicy flake of smoky Kentucky Fire Cured, and Burley leaf. Rich and smooth with an earthy sweet flavor.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley, Kentucky, Virginia
Strength
Taste

Watch City Slices is a mix of Burley and Dark Fired and Virgina. The flakes are thick and for me too thick to fold and stuff. I rubbed out the flake and let it dry for a few minutes. The Dark Fired is what distinguishes this flake for me. It gives WCS a unique flavor. Off the top of my head, the other flake that I smoke with dark fired it Solani Silver Flake, but unlike WCS, that is topped and mutes the dark fired unlike this blend. I get a slight sweetness from WCS, but not as much nutty Burley flavor as I had expected, as it is more earthy than nutty. The Virginia for me is in the background. The nic hit is about medium. This tobacco combination reminds me a little bit of some of the Gawith Hoggarth blends although not as strong as GH. I have to admit that this isn’t my favorite of the many great blends made by Watch City, but regular Burley smokers (of which I am not) may think differently. I think that this flake will benefit from some additional aging, bringing up the Virginias a little and for my personal taste on that basis, I would recommend WCS.

Purchased From: Watch City Cigar