None given.

Notes: One of two 2011 NASPC Blends by GL Pease; the other was Balrog. Only 175 tins of each blend were produced.

BrandG. L. Pease
Blended ByGregory Pease
Blend TypeVirginia/Latakia
ContentsLatakia, Virginia
Packaging2 oz Tin
Strength
Mild, Medium, Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium, Very Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (283)

I paid a hefty sum on Ebay for my tin and while I really wanted to try this blend, I also really wanted it for my tin collection. For the life of me I cannot understand why Greg does not incorporate these wonderful NASPC names and labels on his regular production runs. I like a lot of pipe smokers love having colorful tin art with catchy names like Balrog, Smaugweed, Arrakis etc. Would Autumn Evening have been so popular if it was called "Maple #34" on a plain tin? I don't think so... Anyways, Arrakis Spice has the most intriguing tin aroma of Orientals that just make my mouth water! Virginia's aged to the point that they are covered in crystals and have melded all of the components in the way that makes aged Virginia blends so special. There was only 175 tins produced and they are hard to find but if you do I encourage you to try it. And Greg please reconsider releasing AS as a limited time offering, like a Christmas blend, Greatest tin label, name and tobacco blend I have had the pleasure of trying!

Purchased From: Ebay

Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

I loved Arrakis Spice! This is one deeply rich Oriental blend that lived up to its name. I don't know that I've ever tasted a more spicy Oriental and sure would love to know what all is in this one. The tin descriptive, like most of the NASPC Show blends, is rather vague. And I'm telling you, when you pop the tin and smell the contents, you may feel like grabbing a spoon and eating this one!

Pipestud

Old German puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old German puffer (105)
Strong Strong Very Full Pleasant

This is the start of my winter tin cycle. I love this tobacco. Strong for fall. Blend stays the same throughout the bowl. When you open the tin you get the greatest smell that tobacco gives. Heaven comes close. Lights very easy. Packs well with a palm packing. A must here in my mind. Strong smoke comes at light. Makes you just want to hold it close. Jar it right after you open.

Pipe Used: Dunhill, Peterson, Savinelli, Comoy