This came out so good I wouldn't be surprised if it gets re-named and re-released under the Bastard Blend series as a year round offering!

We LOVE Burley at Watch City. The best quality blending Burley, in our opinion, has a coarse, almost granular cut (think Grape Nuts Cereal), needs little to no casing and has a light naturally sweet nutty and slightly earthy flavor with no bite. This Christmas blend nails it! Packs and lights like a dream and is mild yet flavorful enough to be smoked ant time of day!

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeBurley Based
FlavoringDeer Tongue
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Every Christmas morning, I have a tradition of smoking a new Christmas blend as we have our coffee and exchange gifts. This year’s blend was Watch City’s Jolly Bastard and it didn’t disappoint me or others in our living room. JB is a lightly cased burley that can best be described as “Old School.” It reminds me of old aromatic Burley blends from yesteryear. It’s fairly dry to the touch and smokes with a light sweetness that blends nicely with the nutty Burley. Jolly Bastard burns cleanly and didn’t become bitter as some blends of this genre can become. I am not sure is Watch City is making this blend available for future Christmases, but if so, it’s worth a smoke for those that like that old time flavor.

Pipe Used: Bulldog