Adding Latakia to Storm Front results in a new blend that is both familiar and intriguing, with some added dimensions of depth to which rounds out the flavor. The Latakia adds flavor without overwhelming what you liked about Storm Front.

BrandJohn Patton
Unnoticeable, Pleasant to Tolerable
Pascal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pascal (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

As a big fan of Storm Front, I decided to give Dark and Stormy a try with my last order. I have smoked about 2oz of it. I really like it. Everything I like about Storm Front is still there, only with the addition of Latakia. It is a very pleasant, cool smoke. It stays lit very easily like Storm Front. The Latakia is present but more as a smooth background flavor instead of a bold English type flavor.

I still prefer Storm Front, but will also keep plenty of this on hand as it is a nice change and complement to Storm Front. Very nice... if you like Storm Front give it a try. If you like light English bends, give it a try. There's not much about this blend that I could find objectionable. Good stuff!

Pipe Used: Peterson Canadian, Ropp Cherrywood

Age When Smoked: 1 - 2 months

Purchased From: 4Noggins

Similar Blends: Storm Front.

OldDogLearnsNewTrick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OldDogLearnsNewTrick (1)
Medium Very Mild Medium Unnoticeable

It is exactly what it says it is. A derivative blend of Storm Front with Latakia added. There are periods where the Storm Front is quite obvious and other times where the Latakia takes control. It did not manifest as a halfway blend to me.

I expect that if you really like Storm Front, this would be a let down but if you like your Latakia (as I do but only in moderation), Dark and Stormy would be a good gateway drug to Patton's Cigar leaf Burleyland. I guess someone asked for it just as Dark Horse is a customer-requested derivative of Soulmate's Kiss.

On the whole I like it and recommend it. 3 Stars.