Daddy Gefftl is both a cranky and highly interesting mixture. Unflavored Black Cavendish, Dark Fired Kentucky and a pinch of Cypriot Latakia makes it a near black mixture. A fresh floral aroma provides a delicious contrast to the precious tobacco choice. This results in a one of a kind medium-bodied aromatic and spicy blend. A truly special blend, both adorable and exceptional, as its name.

BrandHU Tobacco
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

3.8
JimInks (2058)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

The woody, spicy, earthy, mildly nutty dark fired Kentucky is the star component. The unflavored black cavendish adds a smoothing sugar sweetness in a support role. The Cyprian latakia is a minor component that provides a smoky, woody sweet flavor push to the blend. The fruit topping is a lightly applied tart lemon, and perhaps a little orange. The mild floral topping appears to be geranium, and it melds well with the other flavors. The toppings do tone down the varietals just a little. They also serve to create a well melded, very consistent woody sweet, moderately spicy flavor that, despite the spice content, is smoother than one might expect. The nicotine, strength, and taste levels are medium, though the nic-hit gathers just a little more strength as you get toward the finish. Burns at a reasonable rate, cool and clean with no dull or harsh spots, and won’t bite. Requires few relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl, and burns to ash. The aftertaste pleasantly lingers a little, and the floral room note is decent to most noses. Could be an all day smoke.

Silent Soliloquy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Silent Soliloquy (16)
Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Pleasant

A very full aromatic / English. Delicious tobacco that is not suppressed by topping/casing (I'm just not sure which one it is). When you just pop the tin and smoke your first one - topping will be too much - pop it, give it a few days to rest and it'll be perfect. I think they did topping with aromatic oils rather than with chemo and it pays off. Topping tastes like marzipan + maybe lemon + some floral. But what really sets this tobacco aside is high quality leaf, finely balanced, moisture is just right, you can put it aside and resume smoking - it doesn't go bitter. LA and Kentucky play along nicely rounded harmoniously by Cav. It looks rusty brown like no other baccy I know. A keeper for your stash. I normally avoid aromatics - this is an exception because of high quality tobacco used and blended perfectly shining right there in your pipe. Can be an all day smoke. No bite, no bitter. And no VA - aren't you tired of it being everywhere? I know I am.

Pipe Used: lots

Age When Smoked: fresh, couple months

Purchased From: tabak-kurrier /ebay.de

hawky454 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hawky454 (85)
Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

Hans is getting world wide recognition and praise for his excellent non-aromatics but I think his aromatics deserve a closer look. Let me say that I think the term aromatic has negative connotations that come with it and I would prefer to call them scented tobaccos but for the sake of simplicity I will continue to call these blends aromatics. That being said, this is not your typical American style aromatic! This has everything that those blends lack, this is a diamond that wants to stay coal. The constituent tobaccos that make up this blend are totally unique as are the flavors used to enhance the natural flavors. This is perfect for summer! The smoke is rich and cool, I think the Latakia is used not to give a smoky character but to keep the blend as cool smoking as possible. The Kentucky and black cavendish work beautifully together and make for a full bodied smoke. The top note is somewhat of a creamy lemon flavor with a floral finish and it is just magical on the tongue. I am floored! I didn't know what to expect from this and honestly the first few smokes didn't really move me but it is my experience that most good things take time to warm up to. Once this hit me, it hit me hard and it is immensely satisfying! I really wish HU tobaccos were easier to obtain here in the States. This easily made it up there with some of my favorite blends such as Condor, St. Bruno and now even Hadde's Best Irish. This is one to get excited about folks! Highly essential (for people that enjoy traditionally scented tobaccos like myself).

Pipe Used: Stanwell

Meerschaumer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Meerschaumer (7)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

On opening my 50g tin, the fresh, tangy aroma of oranges and spices was released and whetted my tastebuds for the experience to come. It's an almost black-looking blend and, as I sniffed in the tin-note deeply, I thought I could detect more than a hint of Latakia, although I didn't know at that moment that it was part of the recipe.

Despite being very moist, it packed easily into my meerschaum and after a charring light, a slight tamp and one more dance of the flame from my gas lighter across the surface I settled back for over an hour's gentle smoke. The flavour is decidedly English, despite that orangey tin-note, and the Latakia is not overly-prominent but melds well into the overall flavour. A most pleasant blend for the English enthusiasts.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum, 9mm filter & gauze in bowl.

Purchased From: pipe-shop.net

Similar Blends: A hint of Peter Stokkebye's "English Oriental Supreme", Colt's "American Mixture"..