You could smoke this all day long and never be without company as aromatics capture everyone within a wisp of your smoke. A mild and flavorful blend of toasted Cavendish with notes of vanilla and fire cured tobaccos.

Notes: 2013 IPCPR release

Mild, Medium, Medium to Strong

Cajun Pat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cajun Pat (1)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

MY favorite tobacco, can be smoked several times a day with no holdover or bite, very smooth. I have smoked a pipe on-an-off for nearly 50 years with little variety of pipe tobaccos outside what was commercially easy to purchase and have almost no education about them, but I know what I like :)

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum

Purchased From: unsure

Similar Blends: To me this tobacco is much better than Captain Black.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

This was a good aromatic that I enjoyed smoking. The topping lasts throughout the bowl and the taste of tobacco was faintly there throughout. The topping wasn't necessarily too much to my liking, but it certainly wasn't bad. It had similarity to Captain Black Royal, but tasted much better and much less artificial. but I guess it was in that ballpark of a bakery treat type taste. I am not usually too good at pointing out what a topping exactly is, but I do know if I find it pleasant or not.

To my personal tastes I liked the topping on Grand central better than this one, but I found this to perform as well as that blend in every other way and would not hesitate to recommend this blend to anyone.

Pipe Used: meerchaums and cobs

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (119)

This is an OK blend. It does not want to dry; must have some PG on it. I prefer others in this genre... but that's sort of the issue I have with it-- what is it trying to accomplish. It is not a straight black cav, such as BCA, despite its name. As a vanilla-based mixture, I think Pipeworks and Wilke's honey cav, as well as Lane's 1Q, are preferable to my tastes. For more elaboration, check out strongirish's review; it pretty much reflects my feelings and perceptions of this mix.

Govern Yourself Accordingly.

Pipe Used: various

Similar Blends: 1Q, but not as good.

meanska Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
meanska (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Got this pretty inexpensively. Would NOT pay their full price. That said, it's still a pleasant smoke, if unremarkable. I smoke this in the AM with coffee. No bite in my pipe, contrary to what another reviewer reported. There are many other Black Cavendish blends which offer a more satisfying experience, but if you can snag this at $4.00 a tin, as I did, it's worth a try.

Pipe Used: Stanwell

Purchased From:

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I received a tin of this blend in a trade. Right off upon opening this tin I felt that the name of the blend is misleading. While the blend does contain some black Cavendish, it is only a small percent of the blend. It is a mix of tobaccos from light to dark and is more of an aromatic along the lines of Captain Black or 1Q, only not as good. It is composed of mostly ribbon cut with some rough cut tobaccos. It has a sweet, vanilla tin aroma and is very moist. It does not dry out fast so it has a large amount of preservatives which I am not fond of. They bill it as an all day blend but it could never be an all day blend for me as it does give considerable tongue bite. After trying unsuccessfully to let it dry a few days with an open tin, I loaded my pipe and proceeded to smoke it. It takes several relights to get it going properly, and continuous relights to keep it lit to smoke it all the way down. The flavor is mostly vanilla in taste though artificially so. Nothing of the caliber of MacBaron's Vanilla Cream which I like a lot. The room note is very pleasant though with the vanilla scent hanging in the air. It smokes rather wet and leaves a good amount of goop in the bottom of the pipe which has to be dug out with a pipe tool. If I am going to smoke a blend of this type, I would rather smoke 1Q or Captain Black. This is not one of the better blends of it's type I have smoked. Not the worst and I will smoke all of the tin, but I can only smoke it now and then.

Pipe Used: briar, meer, cob

Age When Smoked: 6mos

Purchased From: in a trade

Similar Blends: 1Q, Captain Black.

Appalachian Chef Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Appalachian Chef (42)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

My favorite of the Drew Estate line so far. Great flavor with very little bite. Excellent tin note and smokes well. I'll be ordering more!!! A new staple in my rotation. Not a traditional Cavendish, but very pleasing.

Pipe Used: Stanwell Zebrano

Age When Smoked: 1 Month

Purchased From:

Similar Blends: Captain Black Dark.

Alparoleofficer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alparoleofficer (10)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Very easy smoking, I really enjoyed this tobacco. I have nothing else relevant to say about this tobacco being that im am new, but the review requires 25 words

Age When Smoked: 2