Orlik English is a blend of matured and golden Virginia tobaccos. Pressed to large cakes, then cut into thin slices - flakes. Natural sweet taste.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
Blended ByOrlik
Manufactured ByOrlik
Packaging50 gram tin
None Detected, Mild
Mild to Medium, Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Mild to Medium Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Another trip to Denmark, and a small store in Ribe had this and its brother, English Gold. I bought both, needless to say, as both tins are not available in my home country.

Given the tin design, I had a premonition that this might be yet another repackaging of the Capstan flakes... and after half a tin of this, which has a bright-cyan tin with Orlik's branding and dark-blue script on it, I believe they really may be the same, but I'll leave that verdict for others to make.

For me, the tin aroma is fully-sweet with a good amount of citrus and damp hay, slightly musty as I would expect from a good VA. The taste is very sweet and has enough entertainment value for me to not lay the pipe aside.

Overall, as I said, probably identical to the Capstan, but the slices are cut a little wider. Whether it _is_ the Capstan or not, it's a great VA flake, burns slow, tastes great, doesn't quite make my daily rotation because I can't get it where I live and I can get other VA flakes I like better for less money. But: that is a matter of individual taste.

Similar Blends: Capstan - Capstan Original Navy Cut.

Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Orlik-English Original (Blue). This is a very good straight Virginia.

Firstly my initial thoughts: The first positive that jumps out upon tin opening is the moisture... PERFECT. There are only two rows of flakes as they're pretty wide; even in my large Davorin Denovic Morta it only takes one and a half flakes to give me a full bowl!

The burn is incredible. Easily lit, cool smoke, and very steady.

Now, the important part; the taste. The smoke has without a doubt a completely full/simple Virginia flavour. Any extra nuances of anything else are totally absent. The only flavours I can identify are the hay like, grass like, citrus like ones that hail from the Virginia.

Tongue bite? Not even the slightest amount no matter how much force I draw my pipe with. This is heavenly on the pallete!

Now, there isn't a great deal of nicotine to be had from this. That suits me fine as I don't smoke for N but anyone who does I fear would probably feel a little disappointed by it.

I enjoy the room note from this. It's not too much but pleasantly grassy.

I find this a great blend. It's going straight into my favourites list so I obviously highly recommend it!

Pipe Used: Davorin Denovic Morta