From three continents Mac Baren has gathered hand-selected Virginias and Burleys for this blend, then dividing them into portions that will be ribbon cut, cross-cut, or pressed and cut into flake, before all finally rejoining each other to produce balanced burn qualities and complex natural flavor profile. The results of this are then topped with a careful dose of fruit and vanilla aromatics, to create one of their finest artisanal blends.

BrandMac Baren
Blended ByHarald Halberg
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Vanilla
PackagingCellophane bag (aluminium) in a rectangular box
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Mild to Medium, Medium, Full

More cross-cut and broken flake than ribbon, but burns perfectly all the way to the end of the bowl with no harshness. Like the Red and the Green, it is mild with the full taste of various fruit flavors, including apricot, berries, cherry, lemon, and maybe a hint of mango. The black cavendish adds a very complimentary vanilla taste that provides a light bass note without competing for taste. The various flavors one normally expects from lemon yellow and brown Virginias are present, though subdued. The burleys are mildly earthy, mostly sweet and slightly nutty. I get a little less of the berry notes and more of the citrus than I do in the Red and Green entries in the series. Not one hint of a chemical taste exists here. Presented within one of the classiest boxes ever designed for a tobacco product, it amazes me that all three of the aforementioned blends are mild in strength, yet very full of flavor.

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (90)
Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

I'm going to go against the grain of the other 2 reviews, although it pains me to disagree with JimInks. I actually found the Yellow to be the most satisfying of all of the Halberg's. It actually had a nice decently strong aromatic taste and room note. It was good all the way to the bottom of the bowl. It's a little weak, but mixing it with some C&D cube cut burley fixed that.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I was given a sample of this by the only other person to review it to date. That being the esteemed Mr. Inks. I am also giving it two stars based on my experience with it.

I really didn't like this blend. The topping was almost revolting to me. Jim's review lists about 8 or 9 flavors if memory serves me right. I am not as good at discerning these flavors as Jim is, but I do know, that to my palate, the flavors became a muddled mess and was close to unsmokable to me.

The saving grace to me, was the underlying leaf. After about half bowl the topping takes a back seat to some good tobacco flavor that makes the rest of the ride more enjoyable to me. Taste is very subjective with aromatics and toppings, so someone could really enjoy this blend. To that smoker I would suggest CAO's Moontrance as I find it a better representation to what this blend is trying to accomplish, but you may favor this one.

I won't give it a one star as I reserve that for blends that are completely repulsive and this one doesn't quite make it there.