A tribute to grandfathers from a by-gone era. This
Burley based blend is a remake of the original Grandpa's recipe, rescued from obscurity by careful research. It has the same dry sweetness and notes of Cocoa and cinnamon as it ever did.

Notes: In 2009 one of the ingredient tobaccos became no longer available. This led to the more aromatic Grandpas II. Then late in 2011 we began creating the missing ingredient in-house. So now there is the old-new aromatic Grandpa's II and the new-old burley blend Retro Grandpa. Got it? -Rich's

BrandRich's
Strength
Taste
clanobucklin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
clanobucklin (54)

I remember when I first got this blend I smoked the crap out of it. Now that some time has passed I'm revisiting it again.

This is a blend Bill developed after Stephen Books left and at first I thought it was a replacement blend for Books' delightful Granpas blend.

However, the notes prove me wrong and despite Bill's penchant for Star Trek labels (ie Next Generation, Retro; hey Beam Me Up Blend would be a good one!) this Tobacco stands on its own as a very good blend indeed.

A delicious burly blend that has a Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cocoa taste with a little nuttiness. This is strictly an Aromatic that is almost what I'd call a Natural Aromatic - but there is some sort of casing I can't identify. Think of it as a more sophisticated Lane 1Q that has a real natural taste.

It doesn't taste anything like the Original Grandpas as it is more Vanilla flavor than Chocolate. Albeit the Vanilla has a more liquor taste than your standard OTC Vanilla blends.

Also it lists Latakia in it and for the life of me I don't taste any smokey flavor that hallmarks Latakia blends. So I am assuming this is mistake as this blend is strickly an Aro.

What you get is a semi sweet blend with a unique flavor. So if this sort of thing appeals to you - I'd say give it a try.

Pipe Used: SwinkS Billiard