This is considered a blending component, though can be smoked by itself as well. Light Virginia and steamed Izmir leaf are ribbon cut for ease of packing.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Taste

PeterD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PeterD (80)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

.an exceptional blend of these fine tobaccos...not complex but savory...There is just enough Virginia to smooth-out the Izmir and I believe the steaming provides a "roundness" that I've not seen in similar blends.

Very thin ribbon cut...almost a shag, which I am fond of, especially in pipe tobacco, and is well suited for good 40 minute smoke in a group 4 and larger bowl. I don't detect any type of flavoring at all, just a smooth tobacco flavor and taste. Definitely worth a try if you enjoy Orientals...

...a pipe is to be savored...

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Sam Gawith-Turkish Blend. This is a little bizarre for a Sam G' blend. Bizarre because the content of water is perfect! The mix is made up of golden to light brown pieces and there isn't much aroma coming from it. The flavour of the smoke is a quite basic one. It isn't overly complex at all. The Virginia and Orientals are both evenly balanced but I also get a slight saltiness which becomes a touch more preeminent after about a third of a bowl. I enjoy the salty quality though, mind you, my wife does often have to tell me to go easy with the salt on my chips cos I like salt a bit too much! The nicotine isn't very strong, it's actually a little too light for some people I would guess. Sadly, it does tend to bite me some. It's alright if it's sipped but when I require N I have to take big gulps of smoke and it's these bigger puffs that cause the bite. Sam Gawith Turkish is a good smoke that seems somewhat different but because of the bite I can't give it full marks. Three stars.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum