The very name conjures up a sublime experience. This is a unique blend of flavored black, pressed ribbon cut Virginia and Burley that is punctuated with rum and vanilla and a hint of caramel.

Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

2.0
tritrek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tritrek (6)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I must say I haven't been smoking aromatics for the last 4 years as I was kind of clogged up with the German-type chemo-aromatics. This one, however, came to me as a sample from a friend, I decided to try. The tobacco is quite moist but you can light it up easily and burns all the way down without any extra work needed. Some say the tobacco used for this blend is rubbish but I would counter it, would say it might stand even on its own without any aroma added. Speaking of the aromas, the rum & vanilla flavouring is heavy but surprisingly pleasant! The taste stays till the last puff and doesn't go bitter. The caramel is not noticeable (to me) in raw state but I can definitely taste it when smoking as a milky-sweet background compliment. All in all, this is an aromatic that brought a stubborn natural tobacco smoker back to aromatics. Inexpensive it is but I wouldn't call it cheap.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (56)

I do enjoy the occasional blend with rum.I purchased this based on positive reviews I read elsewhere. First the positives. No gloppy mess, burns well, nice aroma. Unfortunately the negatives far out- way any positive ones. The thing that says it all is that after smoking some Sunset Rum I had two people tell me that I reeked of 'cheap tobacco'. I have to agree. Tastes of cheap tobacco, with a underlying bitterness that leaves a very unpleasant taste in my mouth afterwards. I'll look to give the remainder away or just use it for mulch. No Thanks!!