Exclusive hand cut Virginia Flake togehter with sun yellow and mahogany coloured Virginias are combined with dark cut Cavendish which gives this tobacco an amazing appearance. Fruity flavours of exotic passion fruit and juicy peach makes this blend a symphony for the senses.

BrandPeterson
Blended ByKohlhase und Kopp
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Peach
PackagingA non-hermetic tin with a plastic bag inside.
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium, Medium to Full
2.9
maigret fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maigret fan (56)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I agree with most of the previous reviews. Although I had the tin left open for several months I did not notice any decline of flavoring since I opened it. A nice aromatic (of course you must like aromatics!) with a smell of fruits (caramel?) and an acceptable room note (important!).

Pipe Used: large bowls

Age When Smoked: six months

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (44)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Peterson's latest Special Reserve offering.

It's a wonderful mix of Virginia and Black Cavendish. It was a nice top dressing of peach and passion fruit. It smells like peach schnapps.

The blend does come rather moist. For the best smoke load the pipe and let it sit for fifteen minutes or so before lighting it up.

Once at proper moisture level it takes a light fairly well and burns rather even and smooth. Because it's mostly a Virginia blend it will burn a bit hot, but hasn't bitten me yet (I'm about six bowls into this blend).

The flavor is nice. The peach and passion fruit are strong on the initial light up and mellow out as the bowl gets burning. It's not overwhelming flavoring once the smoke gets going. Also, I get a nice sweet Virginia taste after the peach and fruit come through.

Overall I find this to be another quality aromatic offering from Peterson of Dublin. As usual a quality different yearly offering. If you're an aromatic fan I definitely recommend picking up a tin.

Spitfire1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Spitfire1 (9)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I normally smoke aromatics in the evening because then my wife is in the room and she hates my favourite Latakia tobacco's ! This Tobacco is a very mellow kind of one and very pleasant for the whole duration of the smoke withe a taste that is somewhat changing to the end of the pipe. Very pleasant room note (refering to my wife comment's) ! I have to say that up till now the various special edition's of Peterson were all very good smoking and quite mellow tobacco's, this in contradiction to Samuel Gawith's special tobacco's with sometimes very good stuff (the 2013 edition) and very bad stuff (the 2014 edition).

Pipe Used: Stanwell Diabolo

JamieVB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JamieVB (2)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Very nice, flavouring maintains throughout, and smells nice in room, i am running a bit low on this. I wondering if the summer blends, aka the 2014 summer time will be similar to this one? I seem to be a picky smoker, moved from cigars to pipes, this is one of the only ones i like along with petersons perfect plug.

Pipe Used: Jean Claude

Age When Smoked: 29

Purchased From: shop

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (132)

I picked this up recently and gave it a try. If you are into aromatics, this may be one to pick up. The tin note and room note are very nice and it should get some compliments from those nearby. It seems to be one of Peterson's better attempts at an aromatic. Recommended.

TheJayBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheJayBee (55)
Mild Medium to Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Same tobaccos as in Summertime 2013, different flavourings; BETTER flavourings... Nothing else to add from my previous summertime 2013 review except that the flavours are peaches and passion fruit... DELICIOUS.

----------------------------------------

Update: This is crap. Why? A few days after it's opened, the flavours fade away (I mean really!)... And one is left with so little Virginia and so much Cavendish it makes one wish their tongue did not exist! Bites and distasteful. First tobacco to have ever made me change my views so radically...

Juande Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Juande (1)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I bought this on the recommendation of the tobacconist. I do not like too much aromatic blends, but this is very soft and not overwhelming. Despite the smell when you open the tin (actually inside there is a plastic bag), no artificial chemical taste is found. You'll find some fruity tastes, nothing similar with the typical (and disgusting for me) cherry flavor. I would recommend it to those who do not like the flavorful aromatic blends.