An all Black blend flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg. Same tobaccos and process as Century Black Cavendish.

Blended ByCarl McAllister
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCinnamon, Other / Misc
Strength
Very Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.4
TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (7)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I found this tobacco somewhat disappointing. I was able to pick up the spice early but it soon disappeared. As it disappeared nothing pulled through to make for a good tobacco experience. The smoke was relatively flat with nothing to thoroughly enjoy about it. It burned cool and through to the end . If your looking for something a little better in flavor and that brings through the tobacco a bit more, go with the sutcliff baklava. It is better on the spice front and in pulling through an enjoyable tobacco experience.

Purchased From: P&C

colonel jpl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
colonel jpl (17)
Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a surprise not what I expected. I do not detect any of the spice that they say has been added. Not in aroma from the pouch or in the room. The room note is ok. If you smoke this blend slow you will get a sweet taste mid bowl. Smoke it fast and it becomes harsh. Overall it is a ok smoke not sure if I will buy it again, probably not

Pipe Used: various

Age When Smoked: unknown

Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (25)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is a pretty decent smoke. It looks as though their are about four companies making it? Anyhow, it smoked fairly dry, was somewhat sweet, and didnt disappoint. If you love aromatics, and want a little something extra, give this one a try, I think you will like it, and so will your neighbors!

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (166)
Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I bought several one ounce aromatic samples from pipes and cigars to try and see what had good flavor and room note out of the thousands of aromatics out there. I thought this would be the same as Tinder Box's Black Russain which has nutmeg etc, Well this was not like that blend and was not great, it did smoke cool, didn't gurgle and had decent flavor I guess for what it is but like my fellow reviewers I did not taste spices whatsoever. Therefore two stars since in my book a blend called "Black Spice" should at least give the smoker at least a suggestion of spices.... A Ho Hum blend if there ever was one...

Pipe Used: cobs

Age When Smoked: Fresh from Bulk

Similar Blends: Captain Black Dark, BCA, McClelland VBC - well ok any of these are better than Black Spice but they are all black Cavendish's....

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)

Probably similar to Consolidated's version of the same tobacco with the same name. I find this one to be a great cool mild all day smoke. Good room notes, though my wife doesn't like this as much as some of the other dark aromatics. I don't see the cinnamon and nutmeg in there really, but I'm not exactly after them either. Once dried properly this burns cool all the way to the bottom. Surprised me when I got some ash actually. All in all a great smoke... the only reason i gave it a 3 out of 4 was that it leaves a lingering aftertaste the next morning. Not real strong, but more than some others. I don't smoke daily, so waking up with pipe mouth is something that bothers me... for most people, that's probably not the case, but for me, it's enough to drop it one star.