Mixture with natural sweetness: Virginias, Black Cavendish and burley rounded off with some orient tobaccos. The characteristic aroma stems from original Irish single malt whiskey which was stored a long time in sherry barrels.

BrandHolger Danske
Blended ByPlanta Tabak - Manufaktur
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50gm pouch
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I tasted mostly sweetened black cavendish and Burley as I smoked this one. The whiskey flavor was there, but offered with a light touch. I know Virginia was in the blend and I could see it, too... I just never tasted it as the flavoring and Burley stated at the front of the pack. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of this one.

Coosa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Coosa (2)

I'm not lover of aromatic tobaccos and this mixture was recommended to me when I was beginning so I gave it a try. This mixture has very sweet aroma which filled the room immediately after opening the package. In this mixture you could find all shades of brown from very light pieces of Virginia to black Cavendish. Due to moisture of the Cavendish I had to give it a few moments to dry a little bit. Even though I was a beginner and the pipe I used was new, the smoke was surprisingly fine - almost no bitterness. Sometimes there happened to be more condensate and a little overheating but this could be due to the new pipe and maybe also my newbie hurrying :-) The flavor was sweet and didn't develop much. Good point is that it didn't turn bad in the end as you can sometimes experience with aromatic tobaccos especially in new pipes. The aroma in the room is nice and sweet.

Nowdays I probably wouldn't be interested in such mixture but back then it wasn't bad.

Holger Danske Sherry and Whiskey . The tobacco mixture has a fairly strong Whiskey aroma but as well as the Whiskey there is also a pungent "sweetness" to it . The selection of tobaccos is a good one , appearing to be a decent amount of each type . The mixture is of a brill' moistness , with the pieces being quite robust and chunky in their build . The task of lighting this is very simple and once lit it gives a steady burn without becoming extinguished easily . Now , considering that this is an Aromatic the added flavouring is not too harsh , a very pleasing Whiskey note albeit not a whopping one , leaving room to appreciate the Tobacco tastes . The Tobacco quantities work well in this , the Black Cavendish lends a sweetness which works well with the Whiskey in it . Nicotine now , a good amount , not enough to blow your mind nor will it fail to quell your requirements . If Vitamin N is imperative for your smoking needs this one can be inhaled with ease . The next point is not so positive , I know we all vary for bite but sadly this one does tend to give me a run for my money in that department , from beginning to the end I have to sip it VERY slowly due to bite and the temperature being too warm . Another negative (again for me) is the flavour becomes a little tedious after a short while , lacking some magic and feeling a touch "empty" . To end on a good point , the room note is superb , neither too heavy nor too faint , with a light Whiskey scent to it and the room actually stays moderately clear , not overly smoggy . Apart from a couple of negatives this is a good smoke !

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula