Our rare fired cured Green River Burley, hand blended with Virginia Flake.

BrandHiland's Cigars
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Preacher PipeWeed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Preacher PipeWeed (5)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Like's its older brother Black Gold (also from Hilands Cigars), Black Gold Plus is a wonderful aromatic that is sure to please. To best understand Black Gold Plus, read the reviews of Black Gold. It is the exact same tobacco, but with the addition of some Virginia which gives it a bit more "presence".

Along with Black Gold, this is my daily smoke (I alternate between the two). Mild with a hint of sweetness that is not overpowering. Perhaps the most relaxed and pleasing tobacco I've ever encountered. Don't buy a sample, buy a pound. You won't be disappointed. In fact, even though I am progressively moving more and more into the Virginia (McClellands), non-aromatic (Mississippi River) and English (Dunhill) direction, Black Gold and Black Gold Plus are the two aromatics I refuse to give up. I also tend to be a heavy puffer, but have never got tongue bite. In fact, several times just to test the theory I intentionally puffed like a mad man all the way through the bowl. Same result. No tongue bite. Likewise, I don't have the problem with goop in the bottom of the bowl, unlike others who have commented about Black Gold. If you are having that trouble, it is easily solved by proper drying pre-smoke.

Purchased From: Hilands Cigars (Scotsdale, Arizona)

Similar Blends: Black Gold.