Really an old chewing tobacco brand, but pipe smokers have been known to try it for an "out of this world" nicotine hit. I am just assuming it's fire-cured Kentucky-not completely sure. Looks like a Gawith rope, but much stronger. It is the strongest tobacco I have smoked.

BrandAmerican Snuff Company
Manufactured ByAmerican Snuff Company
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsKentucky
CutRope
Strength
Medium to Strong, Extremely Strong, Overwhelming
Taste
Very Full
Tolerable to Strong, Very Strong, Overwhelming
1.7
Overwhelming None Detected Overwhelming Very Strong

I added this brand and blend for one reason: it is (and I have confirmation of this from someone more knowledgable than I) hands down the strongest tobacco I have ever smoked. The Rustica I have had doesn't hold a candle to it, and 1792 and Brown #4 are child's play by comparison.

It's really an old-fashioned chewing tobacco rope, but many pipe smokers have given it a shot, just those pipe smokers who are fascinated by strong tobaccos, that is.

I cut some off, loaded a small pipe, and took one small puff after I got it lit. Didn't taste that much worse than Brown #4, but then I got a slight hint of things to come, a certain uneasy feeling.

One more puff, and my head was almost spinning, I had nico-nausea, and my heart rate went up. I let the pipe rest, then slowly took maybe three more puffs within 15 minutes?

I'm still here, but that stuff is not for me. I have never experienced such real (and scary) physical symptoms from a tobacco before, and do not want to experience them again.

I dumped the rest of the bowl, and the rest of the twist sits in a jar in my collection as a sort of museum-curio. Maybe I could sprinkle a bit into another blend some time, but I'm really afraid to even open the jar, even after 9 months or so.

Beware. This, when used as pipe tobacco, is the Devil's weed. It could possibly send you...at least where you don't want to be. I am glad I tried it, because now I know the definition of "strong burley," but never again. Beware!

Puffingstuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffingstuff (81)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Full Overwhelming

The old timers here in Tennessee and Kentucky chewed this tobacco. Commonly known as "twist", most chewed it but some smoked it and lived to tell about it. Be careful out there, you can get too much of a good thing, (this really will turn you green and upside down if you smoke it). If you want to smoke this, have at it, you are a braver man than me! : )

Tsunoda Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tsunoda (3)
Extremely Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

Alright ok I received this earlier as a gift at my local tobacconist due to a packaging defect and I'm a fan of twists, so I sliced it and rubbed it out in to my smallest pipe(Yes I smoked this, crazy!). Flavor wise it's similar to G&H twists or Sam Gawith's it has a familiar full tobacco flavor and a cigarish which was quite nice but was pretty bland to me overall. However! I just finished about half the bowl not 3 min ago and set it down as I'm struggling to type this, this stuff will turn you green and body slam you in a heart beat. Be careful not for the faint of heart this stuff is nuts! But I'm glad I gave it a go it IS the definition of an old fashioned "strong burley".....now what to do with the rest of it...Give it a try if you like but be warned! LOL