An aromatic that seems to contain Virginia, Perique and Cavendish. Has a slight vanilla taste in addition to what would normally taste like a Virginia/Perique blend. This is the flagship blend of this historic tobacco shop. Although no longer among us, George left his recipe for those who enjoy this blend so much.

BrandGeorge's Smoke Shop
Blended ByGeorge's Smoke Shop
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (78)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Interesting to find this blend reviewed here. It is not my favorite but I like it well enough to give it 4 stars.

This was my favorite aromatic a while back, back when the aromatics I enjoyed were heavy aromatics. At this point my tastes have changed and I don't smoke aromatics very often, but I still enjoy lighter aromatics on occasion. Back then, I smoked pound after pound of this stuff and found it very satisfying.

The taste, to me, suggests lots of Cavendish in this blend. The aromatic flavor is a combination of vanilla, coffee, and possibly rum. It is a blend I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a traditional American aromatic and wants something of higher quality than, say, Captain Black, or the other traditional Lane offerings. George's Blend is probably the best smoke shop house blend there is. It is also unique and skillfully blended for what it is. George, the original owner, was a true connoisseur and a master of his craft. He blended some stuff for me a while back and he was always spot on.

The only thing that turns me away from this blend is the "secret recipe." Don't get me wrong, it is a very good blend, but I just don't like the whole "mystery weed" approach.

If you live in the area and like aromatics, definitely try it.

Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I am the one who added this blend to the sight. I was in Holland Michigan (great town.) I did what has become my standard thing to do in a new town. Look for a tobacco shop. I happened upon George's Smoke Shop. I always get excited at the unknown upon enterring a tobak shop for the first time.

They had a good assortment of bulk blends with George's blend in a gigantic jar on the counter. The girl working there knew nothing about the tobaccoes except that George's blend was the most popular. whilst contemplating my purchase another patron walked in and purchased 4 oz. of GB. I quizzed him a bit and he told me it was all he ever smoked. I asked him if it was mostly cavendish and he said it had some in it. I asked him if it was an aromatic and he said it was as well.

He then said that George had died, but was gracious enough to leave the recipe. So I decided to buy 3 oz. What the heck, right? The smell was sort of vanilla, but not overpowering like a Captain Black White. When I lit it, my initial thoughts were that this was a VaPer with some flavoring added. I did not pick up the chocolate tones the patron had led me to expect (fortunately.)

I like it and I apologize for misleading anyone with the description. A primary intent upon adding this is to see if any of the other brethren have tried this and to guage their perceptions as to the contents of this local favorite. Please feel free to correct me. I will take no offense.