Reviews: 72085 Tobaccos: 6496What's NewLoginRegister

A complex little import, Horst Lichter's "Espressotabak" introduces us to a mixture of dark cavendishes, a pinch of burley, and several Virginias, before introducing an exclusive, rich, and aromatic espresso flavor.

Extremely Mild, Mild
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
pipe4me Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe4me (6)

A friend of mine bring me a 50g tin(price12.5euro),from Germany.It's a high quality aromatic tobacco.Aroma is mild as you open the tin and taste is mild too.No tongue bite at all till the end of the bowl.Taste is the same from the start to the end.I was expecting it more aromatic but the tobacco quality is so high that i don't mind at all.Burns extremely well without residues at the end.

Pipe Used: briar

canvas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canvas (52)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable to Strong

This was my fourth and likely last attempt to find a coffee flavored tobacco. So far, the previous three have all failed to produce much coffee taste.

The initial aroma was horrible. Something akin to damp rotting fruit. If it was supposed to be espresso, it would have to be some kind of latte buried under a gallon of sick fruit syrup.

Well it took about an hour to light. I guess whatever they topped it with was also fire retardant. There was an unpleasant tongue bite that surprised me since it didn't seem 'that' strong, and once again, there was nothing here to remind me of coffee. It was just bitter and gross and reminded me of some cheap crap they sell in those 5lb bags at the gas station.

In the end, it may be best to just make a great cup of coffee with your favorite tobacco.

Purchased From:

Skoma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skoma (21)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Strong

By opening the tin your are greeted by the full smell of coffee and a dark, cavendisch based mixture. The tobacco comes perfectly smokable out of the tin and it really holds it´s promise of coffee taste. But it is not the fancy latte machiatto but a full bodied, roasted espresso with bitterness and a little sweetness here and there and that taste is consistent through the bowl. Recomended if you like coffee...

Pipe Used: various

Amsteracqua Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Amsteracqua (19)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Horst Lichter of "Espressotabak" was my second experience with imported tobaccos, but I think it was very mild in this case I cannot say, anyway, that this pipe tobacco is not recommended. This blend is highly recommended for begginers, and for that most experts smokers, this tobacco is somewhat recommended, but, i can say this is a good tobacco for any time.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (165)

I gave this a whirl a while ago and was not too impressed. To me, coffee taste is best left for coffee not tobacco. The tobacco itself is quite a good blend, just needs something other than a try at coffee flavoring for the topping. Not recommended.

Darth 69 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Darth 69 (89)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I had high hopes for this one but what a dissapointment. There is no real coffee aroma or flavor here, in fact it directly reminded me of Dan Tobacco's Blue note with that disgusting melange of hickory nut-vanilla-fruit casing. Despite my distaste for it, Blue note is a superior aromatic especially in flavor. This on the other hand is rather flat. Comprising I would say over 60% to 70% air cured style black cavendish with the other lighter color blond elements ie virginia, burley and all together rather too moist out of the tin.