Made famous by James Fennimore Cooper, the Mohawk River spans New York from west to east, and it will feel like a walk along the banks when you light up this blend. We start with a wonderful Burley tobacco, lightly sweeten and toast it, and then we steam in a combination of amazing flavors for a slow-burning, sweet smoke with an aroma that will remind you of fruit and baked goods.

BrandHearth & Home
Packaging1.5oz Tin, 8oz Tin
Strength
Taste
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Because of the blending process, it's extremely moist in the tin and needs to be dried a little. I asked Russ O. about that and he said they leave it wet because it'd lose a lot of the flavor if they dried it. After drying some of it a bit (but not completely) and smoking it, I see that he's right about that. It's slow burning mainly due to the moistness of the tobacco, so you have to go slow to enjoy it. Puff fast, and you'll lose some of the sweetness. I suggest giving it a short air time. When I smoke it straight out of the tin, I get a more flavorful experience. Dried or not, there's no tongue bite or harshness. Burns cool with a mostly consistent, very rich flavor. Leaves some moisture in the bowl, but no goop. Requires some relights. Is an all day smoke.

I taste very little of the nutty, toasted burley, which is fairly overwhelmed by the toppings. I think sweet rum is one of them, along with vanilla, a little cocoa and caramel, and a touch of cinnamon which are added in the steaming process. It has a black cavendish look and taste, like a very high grade, toastier Capt. Black White. The baked goods claim is fairly accurate. When smoked halfway dried out, there's a little berry note and only then am I really noticing a hint of light toasted burley. M'lady said it smells like I'm baking a chocolate cake when I smoke it.