For "Easy Burning" and overall smoking enjoyment, this tobacco can't be beat. Cube Cut Burley for coolnes, with Perique and Black Cavendish for added zest.

BrandFader's
ContentsBurley, Black Cavendish, Perique
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Extremely Mild
Taste
Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (135)

The previous two reviews peaked my interest in this blend. Their opinion of this mix matches my own. An excellent cool smoking burley with the addition of a little perique. Burns to the bottom of the bowl with no burley harshness and to a fine ash. Tastes good from start to finish. Quality burley with a little sweetner. The perique adds a little pepper for interest. The black cavendish never reveals it's presence. This is a winner in my book and deserving of my three stars.

Update: There is 6% perique and 6% black cavendish added to this predominately Burley-Virginia blend. I ordered the last batch without the black cavendish. This batch needed four months of aging in order to meld the ingredients. I'm sure six months would make it sublime. The light sweetness of the virginia smoothes out the burley and the perique is there in the background. I'm upping my rating to 4 stars.

Update: I spoke to Bob at Fader's. He is their master blender. Bob told me that there are 8 different tobaccos in this blend. I have never been a burley smoker until now. This is my go to blend and I recently ordered two more pound to age for six months. It burns beautifuly to the bottom of the bowl. If you have the patience to age this blend for six months, you will very pleased with the result.

Update: Two years later and I'm still enjoying this blend as much as ever, maybe more. The original recipe with the black cavendish is necessary to smooth out the burley. But I order this blend with only 1/2 oz BC to a pound, instead of 1 oz in the original recipe.

Update: My love affair with this blend is over. I'm lowering my rating to two stars. I don't think the quality of tobaccos used are what they were previously.

snuffdog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
snuffdog (4)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Long story short, I had quit smoking and after 10 yrs, and a born again smoker, I found a few dried out oz's of this stuff. I was skeptical whether it would still be smokable or not. After a careful hydration, not only was it smokable, it was nearing sublimity, for what it is.

This tobacco has a great mellow flavor with little punctuations of Perique and Cavendish. The Perique is in small enough amounts where it just gives the occasional tickle and the Cavendish imparts just a hint of sweetness, yet undeniable.

Neither overpowers or upstages the Burley. Even without the condiments, the Burley itself has it's own great mellow character and flavor. I will be buying some more to compare to my dwindling supply of aged stuff. I'm glad I had the good judgement to buy such an easy and flavorful smoker way back when as I've never been big on Burleys.

smoking-rob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoking-rob (68)

I let this as yet unreviewed tobacco be the first one to get a review from me. First the disappointment: I can see no cube cut tobacco in this blend, it is mostly a coarse ribbon cut of mainly Burley with just a few black flecks of Black Cavendish and Perique. There is a delicious smell of French toast in the bag with some sourness from the Perique. It packs easily enough and burns very easy as the name suggests. You get a beautiful tobacco taste from this blend where the Burley of course dominates, but the Perique is also stated in the background. I can't make much of the BC.I think it is probably only a little flavoured, just a hint of sweetness that adds greatly to the already superb flavour of the pure tobacco. It is firmly recommended to all Burley lovers who enjoy an easy and mellow smoke and enjoy a little zip from Perique. Magic in a corn cob! So far greatly overlooked!